The Middle East
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Middle East

Default The Middle East

There are essentially 3 super powers in the world, China, Russia and the USA.

Why do WE care so much about the Middle East? What is there that is so important to US ​but not so much to the other 2 super powers?

There has never been peace there nor will there ever be peace because of the different factions.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Oil & Israel.

The US is held to a higher standard. Right, wrong, or indifferent, we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    There are essentially 3 super powers in the world, China, Russia and the USA.

Why do WE care so much about the Middle East? What is there that is so important to US ​but not so much to the other 2 super powers?

There has never been peace there nor will there ever be peace because of the different factions.
    I would not put Russia with China and the US. While it does have nuclear weapons, its economic size does not justify it. There are also other countries that have nuclear weapons, some of which probably have the power to deliver them.

Laastly, I would not use the word "never" in refering to the countries of the Middle East. Let me point out that Northern Ireland which is Catholic and England were at odds for over 800 years and they only recently have come to peaceful terms.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Laastly, I would not use the word "never" in refering to the countries of the Middle East. Let me point out that Northern Ireland which is Catholic and England were at odds for over 800 years and they only recently have come to peaceful terms.
    Nope, I can't do it. 800 years doesn't compare to 1,000's.

Cary, I am curious though because of your insight into these things, what about the 2 questions I asked. What are your thoughts?
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Oil & Israel.

The US is held to a higher standard. Right, wrong, or indifferent, we are.
    Russia has more than enough oil as do we supposedly. Why does China not care about the oil?

What has Israel ever done for us other than make live miserable?
    ROCK CHALK

the REASON there will never be peace in the Middle East....both sides believe they are their God's chosen peoples, and you will NEVER convince them otherwise
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Reginald, I’m not sure you can call Russia a superpower. Both California and Texas have GDP’s higher than Russia’s.
    That said, they are VERY involved in the Middle East.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Nope, I can't do it. 800 years doesn't compare to 1,000's.

Cary, I am curious though because of your insight into these things, what about the 2 questions I asked. What are your thoughts?
    We have tried Nation building and we have tried appeasment. Both have not worked. Reagan did try "peace through strength" and that did change the global situation in that the USSR fell. I think Trump is trying something similar. What is the fly in the ointment is nuclear weapons as many countries are trying for them. What I do know is that nothing we have tried, has worked.l So maybe we should try something different and Trump appeaers to me to be grying something different. One must also realize that nobody knows whether his plan will work for sure. If one looks for a guaranteed success, one is simly whistling Dixie, so to speak. What I am tired of, is or waste ofhuman and economic resources.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the REASON there will never be peace in the Middle East....both sides believe they are their God's chosen peoples, and you will NEVER convince them otherwise
    Glad to see you're back.

[QUOTE=Reginald;2189650]

Why do WE care so much about the Middle East? What is there that is so important to US ​/QUOTE]

For individuals/policy wonks in the 50 to 80 age group, the middle east was always vital for them growing up for oil and energy. Times change faster than attitudes and understanding.

Think about it like this:
    The middle east is to a guy like john bolton,
    What the Second Helping album is to me.
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof