Nice Reception - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice Reception

I liked the presence of the young lady, her "bohemian chic" attire and her singing of the national anthem. She is noted to have won two grammy awards?
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Those that don’t know who she is, she is a top Christian artist. Our Childrens Choir covered one of her songs last year that brought tears to the eyes of our whole congregation.
    "Proud Member of Black Labs Matter Movement"

If you want to here a powerful song by her look up You Say and listen, one of the messages I try to convey to all the children I get to work with.
    "Proud Member of Black Labs Matter Movement"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I thought she did fine. I have damn sure heard worse. No screaming. It was fine
    I used to be M&Ks Retrievers but for some reason I could no longer post. Ya think the mods trying to tell me something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker & Jessie View Post
    I thought she did fine. I have damn sure heard worse. No screaming. It was fine

I can go with this. (Outfit was a bit odd).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

The reaction of the crowd to the President and First Lady was outstanding and exactly what I would expect! The singing was fine, few young artists have a style of singing that I enjoy! That being said, she seemed to be singing from her heart and trying to make the song as beautiful as she could make it! That is what I look for....then I go back and listen to Iron Butterfly to keep my heart rate up...

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Stan, unfortunately I think we are going to disagree on this one. Horrible rendition of the song. And an even more atrocious outfit. God ugly
    She had originally chosen stripper boots and a raincoat, but someone showed up with a similar outfit, thus the Ron Burgundy pant suit.

Again, liberals dissing appearance!
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    She had originally chosen stripper boots and a raincoat, but someone showed up with a similar outfit, thus the Ron Burgundy pant suit.
    I thought the first lady was gorgeous as always!!! I mean this in a respectful way. She always dresses so nice
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

Quote Originally Posted by BrettG View Post
    Those that don’t know who she is, she is a top Christian artist. Our Childrens Choir covered one of her songs last year that brought tears to the eyes of our whole congregation.
    A few years ago we had a husband/wife team sing the our father at our mass that brought tears to my eyes.

This video did the same, each time I watch it now it still raises the hair on the back of my neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnvg0OtupuI
    Last edited by Reginald; 01-15-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1