Nice Reception - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nice Reception

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    A few years ago we had a husband/wife team sing the our father at our mass that brought tears to my eyes.

This video did the same, each time I watch it now it still raises the hair on the back of my next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnvg0OtupuI
    Thanks for posting Reginald. My wife was Episcopalian which also has "mass" I was wondering if that was where you heard that sung?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Again, liberals dissing appearance!
    Funny how the Liberals always try and paint themselves as the 'Party of Tolerance'. Yet they consistently have proved that the opposite is true...

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Thanks for posting Reginald. My wife was Episcopalian which also has "mass" I was wondering if that was where you heard that sung?
    Catholic mass.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Catholic mass.
    In the town I grew up, ther was only 1 Catholic family. The son was my age and we sill are good friends. He is a retired orthopedic surgeon and also has farm land here and come back frequently. We usually have dinner when he comes and he actually was here last week. Camp Marymount is a Catholic camp in Middle Tn. near Nashville and I once went to camp with him as a younf kid. The camp was run by the men that were to be priests but those that were not Catholics were not allowed to take Communion at that time and we did have Mass every day. While it was an adjustment, I am glad that I went and was exposed to the Catholic faith. I am always reminded of the experience when I think of a Catholic hospital or some other charity. I grew up Methodis and still am. My exwife grew up Episcopalian and she still is.

I was there!

The entire crowd did stand for the National Anthem.

The entire crowd did NOT applaud Trump's appearance. There was booing as well.

The woman that sang the National Anthem was pitiful.

2019 LSU Tigers, a team for the ages!
    Corrupt regimes like Trump's don’t fight crime, they legalize it. They don’t chase the crooks, they hire them. They don’t stop lying, they tell you the truth is whatever they say it is. Honor used to mean something, as did truth and integrity. In the Trump culture, those character traits mean nothing. It is sad to see what is becoming of our country.
    Conservative Icon George Will: A “Gangster Regime” Now Runs Our Country

Franco....one of the few things we have ever agreed on.....this LSU team is exceptional at all levels! It is good to see someone other than Alabama leading the pack!

The 'boo's' you speak of could not be heard on the broadcast! Just like the next election, the votes to reelect President Trump will drown out all others...

Since you were there, I know at least one person was booing!

Glad you are back....!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 01-16-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    It is good to see someone other than Alabama leading the pack!
    Could've swore Clemson took to title in 2018 and 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco....one of the few things we have ever agreed on.....this LSU team is exceptional at all levels! It is good to see someone other than Alabama leading the pack!

The 'boo's' you speak of could not be heard on the broadcast! Just like the next election, the votes to reelect President Trump will drown out all others...

Since you were there, I know at least one person was booing!

Glad you are back....!
    I didn't boo, wasn't there to get political.

I was there to be a witness to the greatest college team in NCAA history.

I don't think any of the LSU fans had any doubt as to the outcome of the game.

As Coach O said, "Bring It"!
    Corrupt regimes like Trump's don’t fight crime, they legalize it. They don’t chase the crooks, they hire them. They don’t stop lying, they tell you the truth is whatever they say it is. Honor used to mean something, as did truth and integrity. In the Trump culture, those character traits mean nothing. It is sad to see what is becoming of our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I didn't boo, wasn't there to get political.

I was there to be a witness to the greatest college team in NCAA history.

I don't think any of the LSU fans had any doubt as to the outcome of the game.

As Coach O said, "GO TIGERS"!
    Fixed it. LOL
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

Fixed it. LOL
    Actually, Coach O says, "Geaux Tigers".

His "Bring it" comment was from several day prior to the game when a reporter asked him how they would handle Clemson with 29 straight wins.

Coach O, "Bring it"!