Women's Briar Pants or Briar Chaps?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Briar Pants or Briar Chaps?

Default Women's Briar Pants or Briar Chaps?

Hello RTF'ers. I need to buy my 15 year old daughter some briar pants or briar chaps.

Can you ladies in here point me in the right direction or tell me which ones to steer clear of?

Thanks in advance.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH UH "Boomer" MH (RIP)
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I am not a woman and I will not suggest where to buy these. But, I will suggest that you go with Chaps! At 15 your daughter is likely to grow, chaps can be adjusted for a while, where pants are one size!

Good Luck....I love that you are taking your daughter hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I am not a woman and I will not suggest where to buy these. But, I will suggest that you go with Chaps! At 15 your daughter is likely to grow, chaps can be adjusted for a while, where pants are one size!

Good Luck....I love that you are taking your daughter hunting!
    I think it is going to be easier to find some youth chaps than to find briar pants to fit her based on what I've found online so far. But she'll be 16 next month and she hasn't grown in a while. I think she's done at around 5'3", which is taller than her mother. Feet have stopped growing too, which is good because I don't want to replace her waders!

She hunts deer, dove, ducks, geese and we're going rabbit hunting for the first time in a couple of weeks (she was drawn for a youth hunt). It was suggested that we bring briar pants or chaps for the rabbit hunt.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH UH "Boomer" MH (RIP)
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Check out a coon hunting supply , most of them have women chaps.

I have a pair of the Orvis chaps previously posted. I like them. They are light, easy to keep clean and they do stop the briars

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinDawg View Post
    I think it is going to be easier to find some youth chaps than to find briar pants to fit her based on what I've found online so far. But she'll be 16 next month and she hasn't grown in a while. I think she's done at around 5'3", which is taller than her mother. Feet have stopped growing too, which is good because I don't want to replace her waders!

She hunts deer, dove, ducks, geese and we're going rabbit hunting for the first time in a couple of weeks (she was drawn for a youth hunt). It was suggested that we bring briar pants or chaps for the rabbit hunt.
    Sounds like a well rounded young lady, I wish you and her the very best.

Chaps will protect the back of her leg much better than pants. Also will keep her drier if there is a heavy dew. -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinDawg View Post
    Hello RTF'ers. I need to buy my 15 year old daughter some briar pants or briar chaps.

Can you ladies in here point me in the right direction or tell me which ones to steer clear of?

Thanks in advance.
    Filson all way. Single Tin's would be my recommendation. My wife @ 5-4 loves them. Stay away from nylon. While lighter, they are hot in warm weather.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!