Gun Ban - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86

Thread: Gun Ban

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Do you really think that is what this thread is about??
    Do you really think he is just asking???

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    15,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Do you really think that is what this thread is about??
    When your primary source of news is CNN/CNBC/ABC/Comedians what do you expect?
    Last edited by road kill; 01-16-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

    So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

  4. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Not a good situation in VA right now.
    Maybe not RK.
    I'm thinking {hoping may be a better word} that this may be a good thing.
    Could possibly push the issue to a head to the point where it reaches the SCOTUS, which I feel will now be far more favorable to our Constitutional 2nd A rights for a definitive ruling that forcefully upholds the 2nd Aand stops the whacko gun grabbers from their relentless attacks on our rights.

    I'm also encouraged that the NRA has gotten somewhat activated to do what their actual mission is.
    I'm a lifetime NRA member who has become very disenchanted with them.
    They have a clear cut mission that they seem to be more interested in their own fiefdom and fundraising to support their bloated inefficient bureaucracy
    They seem to enjoy and foment issues to encourage their fundraising.
    I am a Lifetime member but my money now goes to other gun rights groups like the Second Amendment Foundation

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Attachment 80680

    What part of that leaves any room for debate??
    Well stated Jacob!!
    Sometimes thing aren't as simple as they seem, but in this case it could not be any simpler.
    The founders were brilliant in their choice of a short clear and unambiguous wording of our 2nd A rights.
    They also left us a wealth of lenghty writings showing the clear intent of their legislative intent in the short but clear wording of the 2nd A
    REmember this overriding, BUT OFTEN OVERLOOKED precept of the Bill of Rights. Those Amendments are put in place and designed to limit the power of the Government; NOT to limit the power of the people

  7. #15
    Senior Member drunkenpoacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Not a good situation in VA right now.
    Maybe not RK.
    I'm thinking {hoping may be a better word} that this may be a good thing.
    Could possibly push the issue to a head to the point where it reaches the SCOTUS, which I feel will now be far more favorable to our Constitutional 2nd A rights for a definitive ruling that forcefully upholds the 2nd Aand stops the whacko gun grabbers from their relentless attacks on our rights.

    I'm also encouraged that the NRA has gotten somewhat activated to do what their actual mission is.
    I'm a lifetime NRA member who has become very disenchanted with them.
    They have a clear cut mission that they seem to be more interested in their own fiefdom and fundraising to support their bloated inefficient bureaucracy
    They seem to enjoy and foment issues to encourage their fundraising.
    I am a Lifetime member but my money now goes to other gun rights groups like the Second Amendment Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Attachment 80680

    What part of that leaves any room for debate??
    Well stated Jacob!!
    Sometimes thing aren't as simple as they seem, but in this case it could not be any simpler.
    The founders were brilliant in their choice of a short clear and unambiguous wording of our 2nd A rights.
    They also left us a wealth of lenghty writings showing the clear intent of their legislative intent in the short but clear wording of the 2nd A
    REmember this overriding, BUT OFTEN OVERLOOKED precept of the Bill of Rights. Those Amendments are put in place and designed to limit the power of the Government; NOT to limit the power of the people
    Credit where credit is due.
    Two posts in a row tigerfan is 100% correct.
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

  8. #16
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    Credit where credit is due.
    Two posts in a row tigerfan is 100% correct.

    This is REALLY scary! Tigerlilly, hits a home run....who would of thought?

  9. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    15,227

    Default

    If you are on FB, check out "Virginia Rising!"

    This is getting pretty serious according to the people who are directly involved.
    Stan b & Elvis

    So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

  10. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Please educate yourself with what is happening in VA.
    I have some inkling of what is going on in VA. He is asking that for 1 day, just 1 day in the life of a human being to NOT bring guns to the capital out of respect for what happened a couple of years ago. I truly believe he is most interested in that. He has set an agenda that will be taken up in his legislation soon but I don't believe his intent here is to start it during this rally.

    Why is it so difficult for some to compromise. Goodness gracious, the fear monger amongst the gun rights people is ridiculous. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE YOUR GUNS TAKEN FROM YOU!!! Have a little bit of faith. The 2nd is there for that reason.
    ROCK CHALK

    What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

  11. #19
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    5,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Yeah, that must be it. All I heard was the teaser.

    HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  12. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    4,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Maybe not RK.
    I'm thinking {hoping may be a better word} that this may be a good thing.
    Could possibly push the issue to a head to the point where it reaches the SCOTUS, which I feel will now be far more favorable to our Constitutional 2nd A rights for a definitive ruling that forcefully upholds the 2nd Aand stops the whacko gun grabbers from their relentless attacks on our rights.

    I'm also encouraged that the NRA has gotten somewhat activated to do what their actual mission is.
    I'm a lifetime NRA member who has become very disenchanted with them.
    They have a clear cut mission that they seem to be more interested in their own fiefdom and fundraising to support their bloated inefficient bureaucracy
    They seem to enjoy and foment issues to encourage their fundraising.
    I am a Lifetime member but my money now goes to other gun rights groups like the Second Amendment Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Well stated Jacob!!
    Sometimes thing aren't as simple as they seem, but in this case it could not be any simpler.
    The founders were brilliant in their choice of a short clear and unambiguous wording of our 2nd A rights.
    They also left us a wealth of lenghty writings showing the clear intent of their legislative intent in the short but clear wording of the 2nd A
    REmember this overriding, BUT OFTEN OVERLOOKED precept of the Bill of Rights. Those Amendments are put in place and designed to limit the power of the Government; NOT to limit the power of the people
    Well stated

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •