Gun Ban - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Ban

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Are you opposed to his use of the word, “consequences” ?

What part of this is so bad that conversations can be started?

He said the package includes measures to require universal background checks; establish an Extreme Risk Protective Order; reinstate Virginia’s One Handgun a Month law; prohibit individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms; ban assault firearms; prevent children from accessing firearms; and require individuals to report lost or stolen firearms to law enforcement.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Are you opposed to his use of the word, “consequences” ?

What part of this is so bad that conversations can be started?

He said the package includes measures to require universal background checks; establish an Extreme Risk Protective Order; reinstate Virginia’s One Handgun a Month law; prohibit individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms; ban assault firearms; prevent children from accessing firearms; and require individuals to report lost or stolen firearms to law enforcement.
    Incremental, secular, progressive globalism.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

I have some inkling of what is going on in VA. He is asking that for 1 day, just 1 day in the life of a human being to NOT bring guns to the capital out of respect for what happened a couple of years ago. I truly believe he is most interested in that. He has set an agenda that will be taken up in his legislation soon but I don't believe his intent here is to start it during this rally.

Why is it so difficult for some to compromise. Goodness gracious, the fear monger amongst the gun rights people is ridiculous. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE YOUR GUNS TAKEN FROM YOU!!! Have a little bit of faith. The 2nd is there for that reason.
    I am not a life member of NRA. Over 40 years ago I ran for the State legislature here in WA.
    Two things stood out during that candidacy. Myself & a candidate for Governor were the only
    people endorsed by the NRA as we were the only people who got 100% on their questionair.
    Fortunately I did not get elected because I had the thought that there was room for compromise.
    I have since found out through experience:

There is no room for compromise when
    Democrats & public employees are
    locked in like Siamese twins.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    No, because our Forefathers had that fear and wrote about it.
    On this, we stand together!
    OIP.jpg
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

No, I really don't. Why, because I am not afraid that someone will come and take my guns or the ability of buying a new gun.
    Tell that to the Aussie’s and Kiwi’s.

You are nuts to think that any politician has your best interest or beliefs in mind. I don’t trust any politician.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    (05/20/03-12/19/16)
    HRCH UH Scott's Little Pistol SH (Annie)
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member

Transporting a machine gun and harboring illegal aliens...

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/16/79704...1oQjdE9Xms6kuk
    " Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, (red) wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    Do you really think the left just wants compromise?
    Does the gun side/NRA
    No the “gun side” does not want to compromise on a.k.a. infringe on the second amendment.
    You are either doing a great job of yanking everyone’s chain here or you are the most naïve person I have ever heard from.
    Last edited by drunkenpoacher; 01-16-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

Mike,
    Who else has been arrested for "harboring illegal aliens" lately?
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    infringe on the second amendment.
    How is this "universal background checks"

An infringement on your right to bear arms? If you are a law abiding citizen.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Mike,
    Who else has been arrested for "harboring illegal aliens" lately?
    Don’t know, Trump? Scratch that, they only work for him...I did find it kind of funny to read about a Canadian illegal...so much energy focused on people south of the border. Although the Canadian supremacists are starting to get a little more attention...
    " Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, (red) wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Unknown