Gun Ban - Page 7
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Gun Ban

I wonder if general George Washington could have passed a background check with England in 1774?
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i wonder if general george washington could have passed a background check with england in 1774?
    brilliant!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Does universal background checks infringe on your right to bear arms? If you are a law abiding citizen.

Help me understand Stan. How is it an infringement.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I go hunting with the same group of guys for the last 30 years in South Dakota, we are all from MN however many of us live 200 miles apart (I arrive typically arrive two days after they arrive, and leave two days before they return). One of my friends offers to sell we a vintage shotgun at a great price. Explain how this transaction happens between two law abiding under your plan, like where I will need to travel, the fees I'm going to have to pay...….do we simply make a phone call, or is a deputy from MN or SD going to come to our camp and do the transaction for free, sometime before 8 a.m., or after sundown?
    Reginald, mggundog gave you an example where background checks fail. I can give reasons why utterly stupid rules made by sincere, honest and intelligent bureaucrats, are utterly insane and do NOTHING to improve healthcare, let alone reduce costs. The problem is that those who think that rules and regulations should only be implemented WHEN thay have been sufficiently proven to be beneficial and effective, are required to prove them so.. Take "GUN SAFE ZONES". Tell me a single school that allows guns on campus and has had a single shooting?? Yet ther rule is assumed to be a good idea and when it does not work, it is assumed that it needs to be more sringent or "tweaked".

I can give you many examples of the idiotic CRAP that I have experienced as a healthcare provider and also as a patient. That would be a large post in itself,

When there was all that to do about Obama not being born in the US,I went the the web site of the Federal Election Commission to see what requirements there were in order to qualify for President. I found NO place where one had to show that they were a citizen born here. It would be interesting to hear what Marvin had to do to simply use his own money to run for office. I suspect his costs were so low that there wasn't any real check on his expenses.

Let me suggest that YOU try to show that the rules and regulations and that the so called "tweaks" that you say that are required, SHOW that they will be effective. I don't think you can.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegillam View Post
    I come from a hunting family and am a hunter/gun owner, and a supporter of gun ownership. I do not believe that anyone should be able to own any type of weapon, under the guise of 2nd Amendment. That said, I for am more than a little concerned that anyone would be standing alongside supremacists/hate groups ( who often come to these events for exposure)for any reason. And, I don’t believe that extremists of any ilk, right or left, do gun supporters any favors. Extremists on both sides tend to repel legitimate supporters, and further divide the public ( those who will vote against gun ownership) and make people react with knee jerk emotional reactions. I think the NRA has become corrupt and an arm of politicians (canceled my membership 30 yrs ago) and seems to operate with an “extremist” mentality. Proud Boys, white supremacists, ANTIFA and other extremist groups will not do anything to further our cause of gun ownership. Walking around a state capital with shouldered military looking weapons and looking like a bunch of wingnuts will only further drive people (most who have no experience with guns, hunting, etc) to get rid of guns.
    Mike you made a good well reasoned post. You have made some points that I disagree with. You also make some I agree with regarding association with extremist groups on both sides.

That association may in fact lessen public support for gun rights groups.
    But fortunately for us you are forgetting one HUGE RELEVANT fact.

That fact is that this is not an election or a popularity contest.
    As I have stated the founders were brilliant and correctly envisioned numerous things that could occur in the future.
    Things such as changing opinions, values technology etc.
    I believe they also envisioned the possibility of what we have today with an uninformed electorate, or in the alternative a stupid partisan electorate whose partisanship can make them more ignorant to the point where many are blind to the truth.

This is evidenced by what the ignorant voters have done which left us with the horrible choice we had for POTUS POTUS which left us with such a horrible POTUS.
    I don't see that trend changing soon and can foresee an almost equally horrible choice of who to choose from in our next election.

Fortunately the founders insulated us from that fate when it comes to our gun rights which are part of first 10 Amendments that make up the BILL of Rights
    They specifically and clearly reserved those rights to us in the unassailable language of the 2nd A.
    They also set aside other inalienable Rights to us in the other 9 Amendments in the Bill of Rights

Luckily this is not a partisan issue where an ignorant partisan electorate, or a partisan ignorant Legislative body can vote to steal those rights from us.
    I wouldn't mind seeing this Virginia stuff make it to SCOTUS which I believe will strongly reaffirm my belief

What am I alluding to?

Pretty well all your posts in this thread allude to the fact that you don’t seem overly concerned with small, seemingly benign, concessions in the spirit of being “reasonable”.

I'm simply cautioning that when people, in the spirit of being “reasonable” , allow rights and freedoms to be set aside even temporarily you've opened up the thin edge of the wedge for more and more concessions until, before you know it, your rights have been trampled on irrevocably.

The rest of the so called “ free world” envy what the US enjoys with the second amendment. I wouldn’t want to give up or set aside any of it no matter what the rational is.

Freedom never comes for free.
    If I/we/you can't continue to advance our methods that focus on making training easier to learn/less painful for the dogs, we have no right to be training them. (Alec Sparks)

FTCH AFTCH NOREMAC'S UNDERTAKER (DIGGER)
    -Four time (Can) National/National Am. Finalist.......

AFTCH BARFLY'S DEADLY AIM (SNIPER)
    -2011 (Can)Derby Champion

BG'S ATTORNEY AT LAW (Weasel)
    -Open 2nd at 27 months

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Did anyone report on the "acts of violence" and "destruction of property" that were predicted by the media and democrat governor?

I was travelling home from a "greenhead timber spank" and national news was quiet on country music radio?
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Did anyone report on the "acts of violence" and "destruction of property" that were predicted by the media and democrat governor?

I was travelling home from a "greenhead timber spank" and national news was quiet on country music radio?
    Sorry John,
    The "incremental secular progressive globalists" did not get what they wanted in VA.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Actually they got exactly what they wanted. A peaceful protest.

How about that?
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

Actually they got exactly what they wanted. A peaceful protest.

How about that?
    That is NOT what they wanted.

They wanted something to go wrong (like looting a CVS store) so they could use it to pronounce the need for more gun laws!
    (confiscation through increments!)

Knowing everyone was armed must have made those Antifa idiots too scared to show up! The TRUE power of the Second Amendment as a deterrent to crime was in full display!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 01-21-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold