What Does Democracy Truly Look Like?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: What Does Democracy Truly Look Like?

Default What Does Democracy Truly Look Like?

Awhile back (1-2 years) I believe, after a tragic event you had one side of the aisle throwing out condolences, while you had a different side of the aisle throwing out ideas/agendas on how they would try to change things for what they perceived to be for the betterment of the people, if elected.

Fast forward to real time, the condolence side got their respective arse handed to them at the ballot box. While the side that talked about ideas and agendas was now put in complete control of the state with the House and Senate locked up as well as the Governorship.

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN most people would say.

Is this consider Democracy in most eyes here on the RTF? We the people vote our elected officials into office to do what the majority want?

Am I far off with this analogy for the most part?

Thoughts?
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

not quite sure what you are asking for BUT

I have come to the conclusion that the country is being run by a small handful of Senators and an equally small handful of Congresspersons..we all know who they are, they are on the news every day...they also know chances are they won't be touched at the ballot box

in fact IMO all 535 seem to have that same attitude....even if there were term limits they do whatever they damn well please with very little recourse or accountability to the American public

very frustrating
    Last edited by BonMallari; 01-26-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Most understand that theconcept of a Democracy is not perfect, but it is the best thing anyone has comeup with! A 'pure' Democracy would result in mass hysteria!

Americais a Constitutional Republic, and like any form of Democracy it isnot perfect. Unfortunately, in my lifetime, the core of our electedofficials has been corrupted on both sides of the isle. Unless or Untilthe American people take back control of the Government by (1) voting againstall incumbents known to be corrupt and forcing term limits, or (2) by a civilwar (blood war or bloodless war)! We will continue to move away from aConstitutional Republic.

Ibelieve this is the most dangerous period in modern times for America!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Most understand that theconcept of a Democracy is not perfect, but it is the best thing anyone has comeup with! A 'pure' Democracy would result in mass hysteria!

Americais a Constitutional Republic, and like any form of Democracy it isnot perfect. Unfortunately, in my lifetime, the core of our electedofficials has been corrupted on both sides of the isle. Unless or Untilthe American people take back control of the Government by (1) voting againstall incumbents known to be corrupt and forcing term limits, or (2) by a civilwar (blood war or bloodless war)! We will continue to move away from aConstitutional Republic.

Ibelieve this is the most dangerous period in modern times for America!
    I agree wholeheartedly
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

In a Democratic Republic, no one is above the Law.

Today's Repubs don't seem to think so and if they had their way, they would transform us into an Imperial Presidency and form of government.
    Why would the Russians try to re-elect Trump?
    Because he’s making Russia great again—while crippling American power and influence.
    The Trump Presidency is Putin’s dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    In a Democratic Republic, no one is above the Law.

Today's Repubs don't seem to think so and if they had their way, they would transform us into an Imperial Presidency and form of government.
    Franky, as always you ignore what others say!

This is not a "Democratic Republic" it is a Constitutional Republic...big difference! And our elected officials are held to different standards in the law...in some cases. Presidential Executive Privilege of one glaring example, but many more exist....

The rest of your comment is just Loony Bias and requires no response....!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franky, as always you ignore what others say!

This is not a "Democratic Republic" it is a Constitutional Republic...big difference! And our elected officials are held to different standards in the law...in some cases. Presidential Executive Privilege of one glaring example, but many more exist....

The rest of your comment is just Loony Bias and requires no response....!
    Actually, we are a constitutional federal representative democracy.
    Why would the Russians try to re-elect Trump?
    Because he’s making Russia great again—while crippling American power and influence.
    The Trump Presidency is Putin’s dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Actually, we are a constitutional federal representative democracy.
    I disagree with this...what is your source? The problem I have is that the word 'democracy' implies that everyone votes directly on all who represent them, which we do not!