Politics and a Prayer Breakfast
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Politics and a Prayer Breakfast

Default Politics and a Prayer Breakfast

I don't like to post about religion. But I do believe that you don't bring politics to a prayer breakfast. Bring a gun for safety but not politics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Do you honestly believe that prayer breakfast was about religion? Really ? POTUS have been "kissing the ring" since the beginning of time, its no different than appearing before the NRA, the Black Caucus or any other special interest group that you need an endorsement from...

I must give DJT credit for calling Mitt and NP out. He was spot on by saying that Mitt was hiding behind his religion to justify his vote, absolute BS..Mitt panders to LDS crowd when he needs their vote, but didnt embrace them in his campaign in 2012...

If it were a true prayer breakfast, they wouldn't have cameras or the media
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Do you honestly believe that prayer breakfast was about religion? Really ? POTUS have been "kissing the ring" since the beginning of time, its no different than appearing before the NRA, the Black Caucus or any other special interest group that you need an endorsement from...

I must give DJT credit for calling Mitt and NP out. He was spot on by saying that Mitt was hiding behind his religion to justify his vote, absolute BS..Mitt panders to LDS crowd when he needs their vote, but didnt embrace them in his campaign in 2012...

If it were a true prayer breakfast, they wouldn't have cameras or the media
    Bon, I don't disagree with your description of this particular prayer breakfast or any of the others you list. And just because I may not agree or choose to interject certain issues into a prayer breakfast, the last thing I would want to see, is one prohibited or denied the right to do so. The news reported that a ticket to this breakfast was the hottest ticket in Washington. Just because I might not agree how some use it, doesn't mean I would not go. But I might also think about maybe a couple of friends having a 4 o'clock breakfast without tickets or cameras and simply comune with tollerance. I have sat here trying to think how to express my belief of "tollerance" and I cannot do it without creating one's desire to say "What if?"

I grew up and still am a Methodist. A Church that has appeared to value tollerance, highly. Now my Church has agreed to split over the single issue of same sex marriage. I can only conclude that neither side can find a way to tolerate the other. Frankly, I feel that the Chuch I have always known, no longer exists. That saddens me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Bon, I don't disagree with your description of this particular prayer breakfast or any of the others you list. And just because I may not agree or choose to interject certain issues into a prayer breakfast, the last thing I would want to see, is one prohibited or denied the right to do so. The news reported that a ticket to this breakfast was the hottest ticket in Washington. Just because I might not agree how some use it, doesn't mean I would not go. But I might also think about maybe a couple of friends having a 4 o'clock breakfast without tickets or cameras and simply comune with tollerance. I have sat here trying to think how to express my belief of "tollerance" and I cannot do it without creating one's desire to say "What if?"

I grew up and still am a Methodist. A Church that has appeared to value tollerance, highly. Now my Church has agreed to split over the single issue of same sex marriage. I can only conclude that neither side can find a way to tolerate the other. Frankly, I feel that the Chuch I have always known, no longer exists. That saddens me.
    Well, schism is nothing new to the Methodists, aster all they are known as the United Methodists because of the reunification in the 1930's (I think) after the schism over slavery in the early 1800's.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Well, schism is nothing new to the Methodists, aster all they are known as the United Methodists because of the reunification in the 1930's (I think) after the schism over slavery in the early 1800's.
    I wasn't aware of that HPL. But then again, slavery also tore the country apart and I am not sure we have gotten over it yet. When I was a child and had occasion to visit different denominations, I became aware that many churches allowed only members of the Church to take Communion. So the first Sunday of each month I began to pay attention to the invitation of the minister inviting all who chose to take part. I have always found comfort, knowing that belief in the Apostles' Creed, was the only requirement for membership as a Methodist. I guess again, that will not be true.

Cary : I grew up and was raised as a Seventh Day Adventist, I now attend non denomenational Christian churches because I felt the SDA views were much too extreme for my taste. it does cause friction between my brother in Colorado and myself because he is a very strict SDA follower. I really respect him for it because he walks the walk . For example he and I differ as I support his son's alternative choice for same sex marriage, but we both agree on child abortion..
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Cary : I grew up and was raised as a Seventh Day Adventist, I now attend non denomenational Christian churches because I felt the SDA views were much too extreme for my taste. it does cause friction between my brother in Colorado and myself because he is a very strict SDA follower. I really respect him for it because he walks the walk . For example he and I differ as I support his son's alternative choice for same sex marriage, but we both agree on child abortion..
    Thanks for the post Bon. I think we agree that there are a wealth of denominations that are available and that is good. Two issues that always rate highly with me are tolerance and charity. With those qualities, all other issues can have a chance to b resolved.