Mike Pence
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pence

Default Mike Pence

Is he a lock to be the running mate in 2020? Does he not seek a second term as VP? Does the Trumpster look to someone else?

Ole Mike must have had a major stomach ache if he was in attendance at the breakfast meeting the other day. Being as evangelical as he is to have to listen to someone state, "I don't like people who tell people they pray for people when you know they really don't". But we all know ole Mike ain't got much for a moral compass anyway, but to be fair, most politicians aren't any different.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

IMHO Pence is probably the best VP this country has had in quite some time, he watches what he says and who he is around. Unless there is some tension behind the scenes I dont see him going anywhere. I also think he does nothing but help DJT solidify the Bible toting segment of the country, they may hold their noses at DJT, but they love Pence
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    But we all know ole Mike ain't got much for a moral compass anyway, but to be fair, most politicians aren't any different.
    Reginald your statement indicates that you have personally experienced the tragic pain of support of a hypocritical politician. In my opinion there is no place here for you as an individual to judge the "compass" ones "evangelical" faith. "We all know"......no, we don't all know, so don't attempt to entice others here into following you into a realm of spiritual judgment of others.

Proverbs 21:2 Every man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.

But we can all know a tree by its fruit.....right? I think we can each thump a mellon on our own if you'll keep your judgements to yourself.
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

VP Pence harkens back to a different time. But in his defense:
    Had I been elected Mayor the first thing I would have done is
    place a camera in the Mayor's office, plus a large window for
    full view by all.

As for being a Christian - One does not need to wear it in public
    as long as they practice it in private & let God judge the results.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Is he a lock to be the running mate in 2020? Does he not seek a second term as VP? Does the Trumpster look to someone else?

Ole Mike must have had a major stomach ache if he was in attendance at the breakfast meeting the other day. Being as evangelical as he is to have to listen to someone state, "I don't like people who tell people they pray for people when you know they really don't". But we all know ole Mike ain't got much for a moral compass anyway, but to be fair, most politicians aren't any different.
    Who is we?
    You got a mouse in your pocket?

And where did you get this info?

I'm betting there is a HUGE difference between, say, Pelosi & Pence.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Reginald your statement indicates that you have personally experienced the tragic pain of support of a hypocritical politician. In my opinion there is no place here for you as an individual to judge the "compass" ones "evangelical" faith. "We all know"......no, we don't all know, so don't attempt to entice others here into following you into a realm of spiritual judgment of others.

Proverbs 21:2 Every man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.

But we can all know a tree by its fruit.....right? I think we can each thump a mellon on our own if you'll keep your judgements to yourself.
    Nice Try John, nice try. Night and day, apple to oranges with your comparison. Mentioning a fathers pain over a sons tragic murder to a man who, as a supposed man of faith, swallows his tongue while having to listen to a man who has absolutely zero moral backbone, chide and ridicule people who pray for others.

As i ended the OP I will end the same way, Mike Pence, in his defense, is no different than any other politician, be it Red or blue.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I'm betting there is a HUGE difference between, say, Pelosi & Pence.
    You are right about that Stan. In fact, you couldn't be more right!!!! 100% in agreement with you and your statement.
    ROCK CHALK

Nice try? What was i trying to do Reginald?

I never brought up the comments i made that offended you (and that i offered apologies for).

I simply advised you that your comments about a man, whose statement of faith you expressed contempt for, had offended me.

I will have to look back, but i do not recall one item of commission or omission the Vice President has made that you cite as evidence for your judgement.

"The substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Don't worry, even though I'm offended, I just thought I'd see if YOUR "juice was worth the squeeze"?
    Last edited by roseberry; 02-08-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post

Damn, but that was as fine an example of an excoriation as one might ever witness not having caused an effusion of blood. Just a soupçon of politeness that even its victim might even take the criticism as a compliment. However, Reginald does pose an interesting question; if one overlooks certain assumptions about the nature of another’s thoughts, can one be righteous standing steadfast with a sinner?

Psalm 1. Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD.

We might disagree as to its bearing on his political, let alone his spiritual salvation, but surely few could argue that DJT the man, has by his behaviour not set a low bar for anyone’s moral compass. I can imagine many might for example, ignore or even envy his record for serial adultery, but without the outward appearance of contrition or repentance, one is at pains to understand how those who adhere most closely to the word of God can be reconciled with the man?

Last edited by blind ambition; 02-10-2020 at 12:05 AM.
    Originally Posted by a trustworthy long-standing contributor.

If ANYONE, be it an employee, employer, retired, military of government bureaucrat witnesses what they believe to be a crime, they have a responsibility to report it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Damn, but that was as fine an example of an excoriation as one might ever witness not having caused an effusion of blood. Just a soupçon of politeness that even its victim might even take the criticism as a compliment. However, Reginald does pose an interesting question; if one overlooks certain assumptions about the nature of another’s thoughts, can one be righteous standing steadfast with a sinner? 1......
    Psalm 1. Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD.

We might disagree as to its bearing on his political, let alone his spiritual salvation, but surely few could argue that DJT the man, has by his behaviour not set a low bar for anyone’s moral compass. I can imagine many might for example, ignore or even envy his record for serial adultery, but without the outward appearance of contrition or repentance, one is at pains to understand how those who adhere most closely to the word of God can be reconciled with the man? 2.....

1. I offer for your contemplation Joseph. Joseph was envied and rejected by his brothers and sold into slavery for his righteousness. He was made a slave in the house of Potiphar, captain of Pharaoh's guard. He prospered and was made "overseer" of the house. Unlike me and Trump, Joseph had the will to reject the advances of the wife of his master. Off to prison, even though he served and prospered in the service of a "sinner".

Next thing you know there aint a "sinner" in Egypt that can interpret Pharaoh's dream.......but Joseph in prison can.....and here he goes. He gets a big ring off Pharaoh, a "sinner's", hand, nice cloths, some bling and the second chariot. Set as ruler over all Egypt.

So, can one be righteous standing steadfast with a sinner? I dunno, but Joseph was noted in the "first book" of the Bible?

2. How about David? David tarried, (don't tarry...it's always trouble), he gazed upon the wife of Uriah, he sent for her, knocked her up, sent to bring Uriah home from war to cover his sin(this plan would have worked had trump or i have been Uriah) then conspired and did kill his servant Uriah. David reconciled his relationship with God and Israel. David was repentant for his adultery, do we know if "Nathan" has visited trump and that he is not repentent? Idk? Don't look like it.....yet.

But people of faith reconcile God's use of the imperfect individual throughout history. Who could God use for good......nobody's perfect? (at least not me and trump)
    john mccallie