Does HRC have this problem?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does HRC have this problem?

Default Does HRC have this problem?

I've never tried to enter an HRC Finished HT. Do they fill in less than 1 second? If not, why not?
    Magister venator aliquando si deus vult

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    I've never tried to enter an HRC Finished HT. Do they fill in less than 1 second? If not, why not?
    In my experience, some HRC finished tests fill minutes after opening. But that seems to be a new thing the last couple years. But it’s still nothing like the demand for Master tests.

Pros dominate the AKC master test entries with 10-15 dogs per pro and there are less pros running HRC consistently (at least in Texas).

Why do pros gravitate towards AKC? I don’t know for sure but I would assume it was once driven by the requests from clients for a MH title and now also driven by the Master National. The pros only have so many weekends to qualify their dogs so I would think it’s hard to try and run both.

HRC recently has started giving club members a code that can be used 48 hours before the event is listed.
    IMO. There seems to be more popularity with the AKC test which results in higher demand. Hence the problems entering.
    I've had the same issues trying to enter a Master test.
    Our club (HRC) at times fills quickly but not always true.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

They do not have to qualify for the grand every year and pros are limited to 12 dogs. I believe clubs can limit them further as well if it's in the premium.
    Daren Galloway

FTCH AFTCH HRCH Hank's Settin' The Marsh On Fire

There is also no akc title associated with HRC, less appealing to most breeders.
    Daren Galloway

FTCH AFTCH HRCH Hank's Settin' The Marsh On Fire

We have a local field trial club but we do not have a local AKC hunt test presence in our area. We have a couple strong UKC clubs here in South Dakota and our region involves North Dakota, Minnesota and out of our region but close is Nebraska. Our tests are usually 2 finished flights of 25 dogs with a couple dog wait list. The first flight usually fills up fast which then opens up the second flight.

Quote Originally Posted by rrwilly View Post
    We have a local field trial club but we do not have a local AKC hunt test presence in our area. We have a couple strong UKC clubs here in South Dakota and our region involves North Dakota, Minnesota and out of our region but close is Nebraska. Our tests are usually 2 finished flights of 25 dogs with a couple dog wait list. The first flight usually fills up fast which then opens up the second flight.

My HRC club; WISILL HRC, is planning on 4 Finished, 2 Seasoned, and 1 Started flights for our June hunt test. It's our 30th anniversary hunt test and will be held a "Bong State Recreation Area" in Kansasville, WI.

We almost always have 2 finished, 1 seasoned and 1started flight at our tests.

We hosted the HRC Grand this past September at Bong. Twas the biggest Grand to date.............over 600 dogs registered. We smoked it; even with 8" of rain that week!!!

Check out what Music City HRC does...................They'll host as many as 8 Finished flights, 2 Seasoned at least, and a Started flight. When they fill up........they add flights and ask for judges on the interweb.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Joe Schimpf

HRCH UH River Joes Lil Supa Dupa-Dee.......500pt. club
    River Joes Lil Homeboy
    River Joes On Dee Tiger's Tail

Quote Originally Posted by Daren Galloway View Post
    They do not have to qualify for the grand every year and pros are limited to 12 dogs. I believe clubs can limit them further as well if it's in the premium.
    THIS!!!

Typical Finished flight is 30 dogs MAX..
    Typically, they will fill fast in our region.. What happens though.is if the demand is high enough, a second "Flight" will be opened up by the club (again 30 dogs MAX).. That second flight will have two more separate judges from the first original flight.. (4 judges for for 1 test)

Some tests in very popular regions will have 3 flights of Finish available.. 6 separate Judges)..

Each day is 1 test.. So, on a weekend, you can possible get two passes.. 1 on Saturday, one on Sunday..

No such thing as "call backs" between series.. If you are notified that you have failed a test,, you can still run your dog in the next series.. just out of contention..

FUN!!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

There are HRC tests listed on Huntsecretary that have closed, and have 3 Finished flights (6 Judges)
    Flight A
    Flight B
    Flight C

One of the tests lists 89 dogs entered.

There is 1 test Saturday,,and then another different test Sunday
    Saturdays test list 89 dogs, Sundays test lists 88..
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I've been to Bong a number of times though only for breed club events. I can't imagine a test that big . . . 600 dogs? Just the traffic management would be a seeming nightmare with everyone on the long road parallel to the runway.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog