Gen Flynn's conviction
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Gen Flynn's conviction

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    4,239

    Default Gen Flynn's conviction

    I heard just today that Gen Flynn was interviewed by the FBI and to make it seem as though he was not a target of investigation, he was not read his Miranda rights. Has anyone else heard this and heard anything about it. It comes from a credible source, Sidney Powell his attorney.

    If it is true, I don't see why that would not be grounds for a new trial on appeal. Also, the FBI Form 302 which is the record of the interview seems to have been lost so there is no record of Gen Flynn's statements.

    And this is the FBI that everyone on the left is so worried about?
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I heard just today that Gen Flynn was interviewed by the FBI and to make it seem as though he was not a target of investigation, he was not read his Miranda rights. Has anyone else heard this and heard anything about it. It comes from a credible source, Sidney Powell his attorney.

    If it is true, I don't see why that would not be grounds for a new trial on appeal. Also, the FBI Form 302 which is the record of the interview seems to have been lost so there is no record of Gen Flynn's statements.

    More intentional disinformation Eric?

    There are multiple flaws in this post by you.
    You refer to having a "reliable source.
    Then mention his attorney as being that reliable source of info worthy of a new trial and Evil doing in Flynn's trial
    2 Things
    1) If we take everything a defense attorney says as credible nobody would ever be convicted.
    SAYING THINGS TO ACQUIT THEIR CLIENTS IS WHAT DEFENSE ATTORNEYS ARE PAID TO DO!!!!

    2) Gen Flynn pled Guilty
    THERE WAS NO TRIAL!!!!!!

    And this is the FBI that everyone on the left is so worried about?
    More intentional disinformation Eric?

    There are multiple flaws in this post by you.
    You refer to having a "reliable source.
    Then mention his attorney as being that reliable source of info worthy of a new trial and Evil doing in Flynn's trial

    Two things:

    1) If we take everything a defense attorney says as credible nobody would ever be convicted.
    SAYING THINGS TO ACQUIT THEIR CLIENTS IS WHAT DEFENSE ATTORNEYS ARE PAID TO DO!!!!

    2) 2) Gen Flynn pled Guilty
    THERE WAS NO TRIAL!!!!!!


    Lastly your claim that the LEFT is who is worried about the FBI??
    REALLY???

    Trump and his minions are who has been trashing the FBI & our ENTIRE intelligence community for 3+ years now. While favoring intel from places like Russia, Saudia Arabia N Korea etc
    GET REAL
    You are better than this. Eric

  4. #3
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    More intentional disinformation Eric?

    There are multiple flaws in this post by you.
    You refer to having a "reliable source.
    Then mention his attorney as being that reliable source of info worthy of a new trial and Evil doing in Flynn's trial

    Two things:

    1) If we take everything a defense attorney says as credible nobody would ever be convicted.
    SAYING THINGS TO ACQUIT THEIR CLIENTS IS WHAT DEFENSE ATTORNEYS ARE PAID TO DO!!!!

    2) 2) Gen Flynn pled Guilty
    THERE WAS NO TRIAL!!!!!!


    Lastly your claim that the LEFT is who is worried about the FBI??
    REALLY???

    Trump and his minions are who has been trashing the FBI & our ENTIRE intelligence community for 3+ years now. While favoring intel from places like Russia, Saudia Arabia N Korea etc
    GET REAL
    You are better than this. Eric
    I'm not "better than this". The "intelligence community" has, lied, leaked, spied, interviewed under false pretenses, not advised candidates of risk of foriegn interference, withheld exculpatory evidence, defrauded the FISA court in at least two warrant applications, lied to investigators and the media about the basis for the warrants, changed facts 180 degrees from the truth within warrant applications and staffed 40 agents in the Mueller investigation for 2 years knowing the investigation's basis was unfounded.

    The investigation of Flynn, Manafort and Stone are all "fruit from a poison tree" in my "less than legally educated mind" and should be forgotten, expunged and the victims should be reimbursed their costs of defense.

    I'm not trashing anyone, the Mueller and Horowitz reports took care of that, and the upcoming Durham report likely will too.

    I have never sat across the table opposed by an official of Saudi Arabia, Russia or North Korea, but I have ours.

    Minion Trashing regards
    john mccallie

    cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    General Flynn pled guilty as part of a plea deal. The missing 302 is really an issue because in a court, if the prosecution can't produce the evidence it is considered to not exist. Chances are, the lost 302 is what prompted DOJ to agree to a plea deal as they'd have lost . . . and didn't want to reveal this their shoddy ethics.

    Have you read Sydney Powell's book about the DOJ shenanigans in the Enron case? Most of the case was thrown on appeal. The leader of the Enron prosecution was Mueller's chief assistant. He should have been disbarred but for the culture of the DOJ that says anything for a conviction even if it is illegal or unethical or the person was innocent. Why not try a little research before casting aspersions.
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I heard just today that Gen Flynn was interviewed by the FBI and to make it seem as though he was not a target of investigation, he was not read his Miranda rights. Has anyone else heard this and heard anything about it. It comes from a credible source, Sidney Powell his attorney.

    If it is true, I don't see why that would not be grounds for a new trial on appeal. Also, the FBI Form 302 which is the record of the interview seems to have been lost so there is no record of Gen Flynn's statements.

    And this is the FBI that everyone on the left is so worried about?
    There is nothing wrong with interviewing someone "to make it seem as though he was not a target of investigation", it's common practice. And violating Miranda isn't in itself grounds for a new trial.

  8. #6
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    15,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    There is nothing wrong with interviewing someone "to make it seem as though he was not a target of investigation", it's common practice. And violating Miranda isn't in itself grounds for a new trial.
    with all due respect MIRANDA is everything...if it wasn't so important why do they give it to you when you are arrested..IF they failed to give Flynn his Miranda rights at his interview then its hard to use "anything you say may be used against you, in a court of law"
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    with all due respect MIRANDA is everything...if it wasn't so important why do they give it to you when you are arrested..IF they failed to give Flynn his Miranda rights at his interview then its hard to use "anything you say may be used against you, in a court of law"
    The information in that interview may be compromised, as well as information gained after the fact. But the information gained during the interview, may not be needed at all to prosecute the case, so not Mirandizing someone isn't cause for a new trial. A simply example would be an assault caught on camera or witnessed, if police made the mistake of interviewing the assailant in a custodial setting and he admitted to the assault, that statement would be inadmissible, however you'd still prosecute the case given the other evidence. And of coarse there are exceptions to Miranda. So no Miranda isn't everything.
    Last edited by mngundog; 02-16-2020 at 06:37 PM.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    More intentional disinformation Eric?

    There are multiple flaws in this post by you.
    You refer to having a "reliable source.
    Then mention his attorney as being that reliable source of info worthy of a new trial and Evil doing in Flynn's trial

    Two things:

    1) If we take everything a defense attorney says as credible nobody would ever be convicted.
    SAYING THINGS TO ACQUIT THEIR CLIENTS IS WHAT DEFENSE ATTORNEYS ARE PAID TO DO!!!!

    2) 2) Gen Flynn pled Guilty
    THERE WAS NO TRIAL!!!!!!


    Lastly your claim that the LEFT is who is worried about the FBI??
    REALLY???

    Trump and his minions are who has been trashing the FBI & our ENTIRE intelligence community for 3+ years now. While favoring intel from places like Russia, Saudia Arabia N Korea etc
    GET REAL
    You are better than this. Eric
    Eric must be getting his info from Radio Sputnik. Protected by Free Speech, Radio Sputnik is now being carried by several U S Radio stations in rural America as well as being available via stream.

    Sputnik is a news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya. Headquartered in Moscow, Sputnik has regional editorial offices in Washington, D.C., Cairo, Beijing, Paris, Berlin, London, India and Edinburgh.

    This is on top of the 1 BILLION disinformation campaign designed to help Trump's reelection. This is the sort of thing that happens when we have a large portion of the electorate that has been dumbed down. We are losing our Republic bit by bit enabled by those that either don't care or don't know any better!
    Why would the Russians try to re-elect Trump?
    Because he’s making Russia great again—while crippling American power and influence.
    The Trump Presidency is Putin’s dream come true.












  11. #9
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    This is the sort of thing that happens when we have a large portion of the electorate that has been dumbed down. We are losing our Republic bit by bit enabled by those that either don't care or don't know any better!
    We have tried to teach you better. We are left to assume you dont care?
    john mccallie

    cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The information in that interview may be compromised, as well as information gained after the fact. But the information gained during the interview, may not be needed at all to prosecute the case, so not Mirandizing someone isn't cause for a new trial. A simply example would be an assault caught on camera or witnessed, if police made the mistake of interviewing the assailant in a custodial setting and he admitted to the assault, that statement would be inadmissible, however you'd still prosecute the case given the other evidence. And of coarse there are exceptions to Miranda. So no Miranda isn't everything.
    One of the charges against Gen. Flynn is "lying to the FBI". I think that there was only the interview of him that was covered by the 302.

    I can think of at least 3 copies of records that existed for every patient that I treated and at leas as many of 6 copies of most patients I treated. Given an interview of one serving the President, I would expect there to be at least 5 copies and as many as 10 copies of a 302 concerning such an interview. While you call this loss as a "compromise", I think a rational person, especially a juror, would call this a "distruction" of critical evidence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •