Gen Flynn's conviction - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gen Flynn's conviction

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Why wouldn't you allow them to volunteer unprompted information?
    I thought you said you are a Libertarian. Why do you think Mirada now exists? Does it not begin with "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT." It doesnot begin with "You HAD the right to remian silent." Do you think that a suspect need only be made aware that he(she) has rights AFTER he(she) has given them up?? WHEN do you think there is a need for Miranda? NEVER??

Prosecutors are supposed to seek the TRUTH!! There is a reason that they are supposed to turn over any evidence of a suspect that is excupatory. Don't you have a problem with a 302 that is "compromised" when there a claim that Gen. Flynn stated to the agents "Why are you asking me this". You have it on tape?" Or that it contained a statement by the interviewing agents that they believed that Flynn gave them the impression that he answered honestly?

Again, where did you get the idea that the 302 was simply "compromised"???

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I thought you said you are a Libertarian. I don't ever remember telling anyone I was a Libertarian, if I did feel free to quote me.

Why do you think Mirada now exists? Because there were more liberal justices on the Supreme Court than conservative justices.

Does it not begin with "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT." It doesnot begin with "You HAD the right to remian silent." Do you think that a suspect need only be made aware that he(she) has rights AFTER he(she) has given them up?? That depends on the circumstances

WHEN do you think there is a need for Miranda? NEVER?? Yes Never, Miranda is NEVER REQUIRED to be given by law enforcement..... as in a suspect can be arrested, tried and convicted without a Miranda warning being given by law enforcement. Not saying it can’t be required if circumstances warrant it.
    In red...…..
    Last edited by mngundog; 02-19-2020 at 04:29 AM.

In red...…..
    I guess I assumed you were Libtarian when you claimed you voted for Rand Paul in the primary(You never said who you voted in the General). I apologize.

...in black...

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

In red...…..
    There have been times that there have been more conservative Supreme Court Justices than Liberal and Miranda still is the law.

...in black....

In red...…..
    I did say that the requirement of Miranda did depend on the circumstances and also gave you a clasic example, did I not???

...in black....

In red...…..
    You are right in that Miranda "is never required" so long as one doesn't care if petinent evedence is thrown out. But one would also expect that law enforcement would not proceed with abandon shooting itself in the foot(so to speak) constantly. Needless to say, the district attorney would also have something to say about that and might suggest that law enforcement FOLLOW THE LAW.

I must admit that it took a long time to understand that you think that law enforcement is not required to follow the law.

...in black...

In red...…..
    Now that I understand that you think Miranda is never necessary, I can also understand your use of the word "compromized", to describe missing 302's. It looks like you believe that so long as exculpitory evedence is destroyed, it doesn't exist.

....in black...

Now that I understand that you think Miranda is never necessary, I can also understand your use of the word "compromized", to describe missing 302's. It looks like you believe that so long as exculpitory evedence is destroyed, it doesn't exist.

....in black...

Please quote any post in which I touched on missing 302's.

Please quote any post in which I touched on missing 302's.
    First sentence of your post #7 this thread. I am paraphrasing but you can check for 100% accuracy. "The information of that interview ". I believe the interview that he was claimed to have lied, was the only interview he had with the FBI>

First sentence of your post #7 this thread. I am paraphrasing but you can check for 100% accuracy. "The information of that interview ". I believe the interview that he was claimed to have lied, was the only interview he had with the FBI>
    I don't have a clue how you read missing 302's into that reply.