Thoughts on staying in camper on FT Grounds?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Thoughts on staying in camper on FT Grounds?

Default Thoughts on staying in camper on FT Grounds?

I have a pop up camper that I am thinking about towing to a FT to use throughout the day and possibly sleep in at night. I don't need power hookups or anything like that just a spot to park. Has anyone slept on the FT grounds before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Some FT grounds have places for campers and some do not. Contact the host club ahead of time and ask, odds are there will be a nearby place to park.
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

Yes, around here it is pretty common but it is not possible with all events. Check the event premium and like drunkenpoacher says contact the event secretary and ask about the option as sometimes the premium is not current. It's also a good idea to consult someone you know who has been to the trial grounds before so you know what to expect. One time I was the only camper near the remote trial grounds, and it was kinda spooky. Also sometimes there is not a lot of space so if you get there late on Thursday for the Friday trial you can be out of luck.
    Last edited by Renee P.; 02-17-2020 at 12:30 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Gosh c.j. this thread has brought up a memory I have not remembered in years. Thank you. There used to be a feller from New Hampshire and I have been trying to remember his name for a few minutes. He used to always come over to our events in a medium sized Winnebago. He would refer to the Winnebago as the White House. Now often at events I'm way out in the field but just as often I guess I'm at the line with a clipboard or a bag of birds or a bag lunches or all three. And I used to be so amused by this guy. The way he would work the ladies in the gallery. Offering them tours of the White House. Comfortable seating in the shade air-conditioned. He would lay it on thick it was funny. BUT..... Even more amusing was the number ( low ) of wimminz who would it take him up on his offer! It would just make you shake your head. On more than one occasion I would pull in early on a Sunday morning to get things rocking and rolling. And there where yesterday's gallery was would be the White House. With yet another Miss Molly Mini-Van doin'the Walk of shame back to her automobile. Of course being the friendly sort I would lay on the pickup truck horn and wave of aggressively and smile. Gosh, it bugs me I cannot remember his name. He ran very light colored Labradors.

I have my own story of a PopUp trailer on HT grounds..

I wont tellit again..

All I will say is,, if you travel dry (No water in the water tank) and you get setup, but dont put down the stabilizers,and then you and your companion stay up late and play UNO in the Large FARRRRRRR extending King bunk,,, Well,, just pray when all hell breaks loose, ya didnt lock the friggin door!

Specttacle is an understatement!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Is that the story where your wife fell out the window of the camper naked?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Niles Bora View Post
    Is that the story where your wife fell out the window of the camper naked?
    NO! (the tent awning end panel!)
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I am so glad you guys are posting again...(ken and gooser) ya'll make me roflmao!!!!

camping on the grounds can be convenient and fun, just be ready for a less than restful night if it is a nahra test your neighbors are the Janitor and the Polock and Wisnowka is involved!!!

good times regards,

This must be the story of the day Ben Kora and Goosemooser fell outta a pup tent at a field trial
    Empire's Honey Ryder QAA2-CBR-F-3-18-2013
    Crossfire's Empire Builder SH, QAACBR-M- 2-15-2009
    GCH Breakwater Salutes USS MADDOX SH-CBR-F-10-27-2006
    RIP Rainyvalis Callin' Hawaii 5-0-CBR-F- 2-19-2002 - 09-27-2006
    and the labs, too many to list.