Pardon me...
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pardon me...

Default Pardon me...

I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet.

First - is the president the chief LEO?

Second - was Blagojevich's sentence "excessive"? I mean, he literally tried to sell a United State's senate seat.
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Personally I thought Blago should have rotted in jail...

Eddie De Bartolo - it really messed up the 49'ers for a few years while his sister and her husband ran the franchise, Im ok with him being out

Bernard Kerik - I thought he was out already, thought I saw him on Fox

M. Milken - didnt know he was still alive...I know he and Lanse worked together on Wall Street along with A. Belmont

Im still bitter about Mark Rich being pardoned by WJC
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The sad thing is that I still really see no Democrat alternative. All the Dems are big government "progressives". Had Trump been able to install one more Supreme Court judge, I might be a little less concerned about the agendas of the Democrat candidates, but...
    Last edited by HPL; 02-19-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I am ok with the pardons.
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

I am ok with them as well. A Presidents choice!

Not near as bad as some of the Dem Govs. pardoning aliens with felony convictions so they wont be deported.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

I don't guess I Have a problem with the pardons. Blago is a sleaze but apparently it comes with being a Democrat.
    I used to be M&Ks Retrievers but for some reason I could no longer post. Ya think the mods trying to tell me something?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Eddie De Bartolo - it really messed up the 49'ers for a few years while his sister and her husband ran the franchise, Im ok with him being out
    When he was using personal service contracts through his construction company to sign guys who
    would have started for many teams to be backups on SF I thought he was cheating, skirting the
    salary cap. My opinion has not changed & I will always feel the SF teams SB records to be tainted.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    When he was using personal service contracts through his construction company to sign guys who
    would have started for many teams to be backups on SF I thought he was cheating, skirting the
    salary cap. My opinion has not changed & I will always feel the SF teams SB records to be tainted.

what DeBartolo did was used the loopholes in the salary cap to sign players for the league minimums but structure their contracts to be heavily laden with very attainable incentive clauses such as playing a minimum of games, making a Pro Bowl, and making the Super Bowl. He and his Gen Mgr Carmen Policy were creative and showed the rest of the league what a farce the salary cap was and STILL is.

I equate the salary cap to McCain Feingold or even the corporate tax code...There isn't any legislation that a sharp CPA or other financial money manager cant twist or exploit to their benefit.

I saw a piece on our local news today that Jeff Bezos is going to spend more money on his new housing compound than Amazon will pay in taxes this year...and WHY...because due to the current tax code they can defer the millions that they "should be paying"...
    Last edited by BonMallari; 02-19-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof