Who Are These People?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Who Are These People?

Default Who Are These People?

I am 71 years old. During the past 50 years, I don't think I can remember a candidate for any office, Republican, Democrat or Independent that I would enjoy spending a morning in a duck blind with or siting with on a tailgate drinking beer. I'm sure there must be a few but not many. Who are these egotistical power hungry clowns that like to be the center of attention? Constantly pandering to people by trying to buy their votes with BS. Term limit these thieves, remove their pensions and other perks. Serving our Country me ass.

Thats just my opinion. I could be wrong .....
    I used to be M&Ks Retrievers but for some reason I could no longer post. Ya think the mods trying to tell me something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I think Reagan and both Bushes would be welcome at pretty much any hunting camp. GW appears to actually enjoy working on his ranch, swinging an axe and running a chain saw, a couple of manly activities I enjoy myself. GHW enjoyed running his speed boat up and down the Hudson. I grew up sailing and waterskiing, and love running power boats with the wind in my face. Ronnie was just plain entertaining and seemed to be a straight shooter to me. For that matter, I think Laura would be a welcome presence in an informal gathering around the camp fire or at the lodge too. I have a good friend who has taken her (and maybe GW) on birdwatching tours multiple times and he speaks highly of her. Actually, I think that Clinton (WJ) would probably be pretty entertaining around the fire also (and I'm sure that he would have the good manners to leave the little woman at home), just not someone I would want to pal around with on the town.

Now, the current crop of Dems, no thank you. I don't think I'd enjoy Trump, but as long as he wasn't't preaching, Pence might be OK. One bigger than life public servant that I would really have liked to spend time around the fire with was Justice Scalia. Just watched part of an interview with him on Youtube, and he was really interesting.
    Last edited by HPL; 02-23-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I think Reagan and both Bushes would be welcome at pretty much any hunting camp. GW appears to actually enjoy working on his ranch, swinging an axe and running a chain saw, a couple of manly activities I enjoy myself. GHW enjoyed running his speed boat up and down the Hudson. I grew up sailing and waterskiing, and love running power boats with the wind in my face. Ronnie was just plain entertaining and seemed to be a straight shooter to me. For that matter, I think Laura would be a welcome presence in an informal gathering around the camp fire or at the lodge too. I have a good friend who has taken her (and maybe GW) on birdwatching tours multiple times and he speaks highly of her. Actually, I think that Clinton (WJ) would probably be pretty entertaining around the fire also (and I'm sure that he would have the good manners to leave the little woman at home), just not someone I would want to pal around with on the town. Now, the current crop of Dems, no thank you. I don't think I'd enjoy Trump, but as long as he wasn't't preaching, Pence might be OK. One bigger than life public servant that I would really have liked to spend time around the fire with was Justice Scalia. Just watched part of an interview with him on Youtube, and he was really interesting.

Agree. Trump might be ok as long as he wasn't selling something
    I used to be M&Ks Retrievers but for some reason I could no longer post. Ya think the mods trying to tell me something?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Trumps son and family are quite the outdoorsman/woman.

Very nice article about them in last month's Sporting Classics magazine.
    Very down to earth people.
    (And the like to fly fish!)

If you don't already subscribe, you should.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold