The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus -

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Tell me again how this is not about controlling a population

Calif has closed Anza Borrego Desert State Park where it will probably be a blistering hot 95 degrees today...but you can go to Newport Beach but cant park your vehicle there. or you can wait till Monday when many of the local golf courses will open but you are not allowed to arrive earlier than 30 minutes prior to your tee time and you must walk, there will be no sharing of carts....and no mention of wearing masks at either the beach or the golf course
    Just like 55 MPH during the gas crunch.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Just like 55 MPH during the gas crunch.
    Do you mean when we were running out of oil?
    https://www.redstate.com/tladuke/201...-run-oil-2011/
    https://youtu.be/iXHTmEUGR7c
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Tell me again how this is not about controlling a population

Calif has closed Anza Borrego Desert State Park where it will probably be a blistering hot 95 degrees today...but you can go to Newport Beach but cant park your vehicle there. or you can wait till Monday when many of the local golf courses will open but you are not allowed to arrive earlier than 30 minutes prior to your tee time and you must walk, there will be no sharing of carts....and no mention of wearing masks at either the beach or the golf course
    Well at least you can play a round of golf and go to the beach.. Here in NH (Rep. Governor) shutdown have been extended for another three weeks.. Golf courses closed all state beaches and parks closed..

Too bad the CDC give States these guidelines but won't take responsibility when States follow them..
    Last edited by seaandland; 04-26-2020 at 10:08 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I looked for Marvin's post on his life experiences but could not find it. My parents talked of not having any money during the depression but Mother talked of not going hungry. If someone showed up hungry, there was always enough milk and flour to make milk gravy and biscuits for biscuits and gravy. There were still people working.

This is different. We are printing money but if there is nobody producing goods and serrvices, then the money will not be acceptable as payment. Lack of production has also affected out ability to harvest, ship, process and deliver these goods and services. If there is no food delivered to Manhaten, what do you think these people will do?

This is not going to be pretty. The fact is that it will be dirty and filled with mistakes when looking back on its affects. I hope for the best but fear for the worst. The worst is hunger, lawlessness, anarchy and the total failure of our government and way of life. I expect problems with even a small opening of our economy. I hope we will stay the course as continued closure of our economy will surely create hunger and all that goes with it.

The next 2 weeks should let us see what the future is.

caryalsobrook,

My elder brother lived through the Blitz as a little boy in industrial Birmingham, with all of the attendant miseries that even a child could understand. He describes coronavirus as "a sod, but nothing like being ******* bombed." So that's one man's perspective.

I'm more optimistic than you about the economic impact; I think and hope that recovery will be be pretty quick in the manufacturing and services sectors, though I agree that debt will be daunting I don't see it as a game stopper. Agriculture is largely unaffected here, and the distribution network that supports it seems robust.

As to the future over yonder a lot of people have lost a lot of money betting against the US economy. 27 1/2% of my portfolio in in US equities so if any of you are in gainful employment please work harder and faster!

Best of luck,

Eugene
    Thank you, very kind, Mine's a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Blimp View Post
    caryalsobrook,

My elder brother lived through the Blitz as a little boy in industrial Birmingham, with all of the attendant miseries that even a child could understand. He describes coronavirus as "a sod, but nothing like being ******* bombed." So that's one man's perspective.

I'm more optimistic than you about the economic impact; I think and hope that recovery will be be pretty quick in the manufacturing and services sectors, though I agree that debt will be daunting I don't see it as a game stopper. Agriculture is largely unaffected here, and the distribution network that supports it seems robust.

As to the future over yonder a lot of people have lost a lot of money betting against the US economy. 27 1/2% of my portfolio in in US equities so if any of you are in gainful employment please work harder and faster!

Best of luck,

Eugene
    Thanks for the post Colonel. Hard to imagine "being bombed". Just a few hours here of a few maniacs caused us to make changes.

As I understand it, one can't be farther from the Channel or the Atlantic than 100 miles, in England. Here, most of our vegetables come from as far away as California which is over 2000 milea away. PicSweet which is a vgetable processing company in Bells Tn. now gets most of its produce for processing, from Mexico which is over 1000 miles away. So the logistics here are quite different than your home.

I truly hope for the best. If we can restart our economy safely and within a reasonable time, I am perfectly fine and really can continue as if nothing has happened. If not, then I want the option to be able to help those in my family and those who are also family by choice. That would depend on having product to trade. At my age, my only fears are that I waste a single second I have left and the very distinct possibility of a stroke that would render me the occupant of a nursing home without the ability to determine the quality of my care.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I looked for Marvin's post on his life experiences but could not find it. My parents talked of not having any money during the depression but Mother talked of not going hungry. If someone showed up hungry, there was always enough milk and flour to make milk gravy and biscuits for biscuits and gravy. There were still people working.

This is different. We are printing money but if there is nobody producing goods and serrvices, then the money will not be acceptable as payment. Lack of production has also affected out ability to harvest, ship, process and deliver these goods and services. If there is no food delivered to Manhaten, what do you think these people will do?

This is not going to be pretty. The fact is that it will be dirty and filled with mistakes when looking back on its affects. I hope for the best but fear for the worst. The worst is hunger, lawlessness, anarchy and the total failure of our government and way of life. I expect problems with even a small opening of our economy. I hope we will stay the course as continued closure of our economy will surely create hunger and all that goes with it.

The next 2 weeks should let us see what the future is.
    Though we had no refrigeration we were never hungry. Everything was canned including beef,
    but no pork. To this day I remember Grandma opening a jar of rhubarb that had some mold
    on it. She scooped off the mold & we ate the rest. This was in the days of commodities being
    passed out at the relief center. We were the only family in our county from the private sector
    not on relief. Grandpa said he didn't need it & would not participate. On occasion the relatives
    would share something that was tasty.

You can't eat money, you can't shelter in it, nor does it provide much heat!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Though we had no refrigeration we were never hungry. Everything was canned including beef,
    but no pork. To this day I remember Grandma opening a jar of rhubarb that had some mold
    on it. She scooped off the mold & we ate the rest. This was in the days of commodities being
    passed out at the relief center. We were the only family in our county from the private sector
    not on relief. Grandpa said he didn't need it & would not participate. On occasion the relatives
    would share something that was tasty.

You can't eat money, you can't shelter in it, nor does it provide much heat!
    I wonder how many here, understand your last sentence???

This was taken down from Facebook so probably won’t last long on YouTube.

This is two doctors from California and their analysis of the current data. It is a little
    long but well with the time in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

This is the second part.

https://youtu.be/zb6j7o1pLBw
    Last edited by duckheads; 04-27-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    (05/20/03-12/19/16)
    HRCH UH Scott's Little Pistol SH (Annie)
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    This was taken down from Facebook so probably won’t last long on YouTube.

This is two doctors from California and their analysis of the current data. It is a little
    long but well with the time in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

This is the second part.

https://youtu.be/zb6j7o1pLBw
    Nope, those guys aren't pushing an agenda nope not at all..

When you believe in something it doesn't take much convincing that you're right..