RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

More participants would be nice!

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  road kill 
#1 ·
It sure would be great if we could have more participation on these new (Rulebook) forums. -Paul

#9 ·
No! Its Not!

Its for people (Handlers, other judges,folks considering running tests trial ect,) to ask questions to those that have declared themselves Judges of specific venues.

You that ask the questions have a way to know that the person answering, has some sort of credibility. What has come to pass,, is Most folks donr read the rules enough to have the ability or interest in asking questions.. They would rather argue than learn.. (MAIN FORUM)

respectfully

Gooser , (who no longer gives advice! Lucky You!) :)..

#7 · (Edited)
My feeling is you are going to see the same people, over and over as these subforms want people to be judges. Not sure I agree with it as it doesn't allow handlers to ask questions, or input on judges comments; or much discussion. Also dividing them in too many groups, requires the judge to be in that particular group. Pretty much the pastor preaching to the choir IMO. But I haven't really paid attention to the threads, mostly because I have to go to many different sections, which seem to be invisible whereas the main RTF thread is just one thing to look at, and anyone can comment. Not sure there's enough judges in anything to section everything out so strictly, by venue even subgenus (FT-CKC FT, HT CKC-HT?). Subforums= social distancing ;)

But it is nice to have all the rulebooks in one place, I applaud that. Still would rather have them all as stickies in one place one tab though. Prehaps the same format for them. PDF for example? Still I know enough that if you make suggestions and don't wish to step up to implement them, you're just part of the problem. I have no wish to help implement change nor monitor anything. Everything is PREFECT :).

#10 · (Edited)
Very often, when a question is asked, certain people cite chapter and verse from the rule book.
Then put their spin on it as gospel.

My experience is that seldom do 2 judges think and interpret the same.
So a test set up or reading a test might differ.
Often, ironically, the scoring on any given dog is very close.

I had a different take on a question here earlier.
But by the time I got here the question was answered leaving little if any room for discussion.

So I have refrained from any input.

And I see ver few others have offered input as well.

Edit: I've also noticed that set up style and factors vary geographically.
I find that interesting.
Not sure if it's terrain, hunting style or traditional set ups.

I have a trade mark in my set ups.
Want to know it?

#12 ·
I like to have a water re-entry.
With a shot flyer if possible.
That gets the dogs all fired up.
Handlers get a little panicked, and they are so proud when the dog eats it up!
That's at the SH level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.