Constitutional Rights vs Covid 19
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Rights vs Covid 19

Default Constitutional Rights vs Covid 19

This statement/question was made by a fellow RTF member in a different thread. He brings up a very valid point.

"Where does the 1st Amendment fit into this? The right to assemble. Does the government have a legal right to keep everyone home? This time its corona, next time its a political disagreement."

What are the thoughts of those here on POTUS?
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This statement/question was made by a fellow RTF member in a different thread. He brings up a very valid point.

"Where does the 1st Amendment fit into this? The right to assemble. Does the government have a legal right to keep everyone home? This time its corona, next time its a political disagreement."

What are the thoughts of those here on POTUS?
    While we're at it, how is all that NWO & Globalism working out?

And if we give the 1st away this easy, the 2nd will go silently as well.
    Believe me, there are some watching and thinking about it.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

I thought law abiding citizens didn't need to worry about such things.

"People need to relax and listen but most importantly have faith, have faith in the elected officials to do the right thing for their constituents they represent.

As a law abiding citizen it is my firm belief that my guns will never get taken away. As a law abiding citizen I have trust and faith in our system, we do live in the greatest country on earth, correct? Call me naive but also call me a person of faith who believes that the right things will be done in the best interest of all involved.

Isn't there a saying that goes something like this, " things always have a way of working out in the end"." Reginald 1/6/20
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    I thought law abiding citizens didn't need to worry about such things.
    "People need to relax and listen but most importantly have faith, have faith in the elected officials to do the right thing for their constituents they represent.

As a law abiding citizen it is my firm belief that my guns will never get taken away. As a law abiding citizen I have trust and faith in our system, we do live in the greatest country on earth, correct? Call me naive but also call me a person of faith who believes that the right things will be done in the best interest of all involved.

Isn't there a saying that goes something like this, " things always have a way of working out in the end"." Reginald 1/6/20
    A little bit different thing I believe. But I would say the same thing.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

I do not know how many of you may have read anything written by Thomas Sowell. The below is from his book, The Vision of the Anointed....! today's situation seems to familiar...Key method of ‘crusading movements’ used by Liberals:

1. Assertions of a great danger to the whole society, a danger to which the masses of people are oblivious.
    2. An urgent need for action to avert impending catastrophe.
    3. A need for government to drastically curtail the dangerous behavior of the many, in response to the prescient conclusions of the few.
    4. A disdainful dismissal of arguments to the contrary as either; uniformed, irresponsible, or motivated by unworthy purposes.

As described by Thomas Sowell, Copyright 1995, The Vision of the Anointed…

Patterns of Failure
    Stage 1. The ‘Crisis’: Some situation exists, whose negative aspects the anointed propose to eliminate. Such a situation is routinely characterized as a “crisis,” even though all human situations have negative aspects. Sometimes the situation described as a “crisis” has in fact already been getting better for years.

Stage 2. “The Solution” Policies to end the “crisis” are advocated by the anointed, who say that these policies will lead to beneficial result ‘A’. Critics say that these policies will lead to detrimental result ‘Z’. The anointed dismiss these latter claims as absurd and “simplistic,” if not dishonest.

Stage 3. “The Results”: The policies are instituted and lead to detrimental result ‘Z.’

Stage 4. “The Response”: Those who attribute detrimental result ‘Z’ to the policies instituted are dismissed as “simplistic” for ignoring the “complexities” involved, as “many factors” went into determining the outcome. The burden of proof is put on the critics to demonstrate to a certainty that these policies alone were the only possible cause of the worsening that occurred. No burden of proof whatever is put on those who had so confidently predicted improvement. Indeed, it is often asserted that things would have been even worse, were it not for the wonderful programs that mitigated the inevitable damage from other factors.

Three examples covered in this text are: The set of social welfare policies called the War on Poverty started in 1964 by Lyndon Johnson; Next is the policy of introducing “sex education” into our schools as a means of reducing teenage pregnancy and venereal diseases; the third example is policies to “reduce violent crime” by adopting less punitive approach, being more concerned with preventive social policies beforehand and rehabilitation afterward, as well as showing more concern for the legal rights of defendants in criminal cases.
    By going through this process the ‘anointed’ redefine what it is that they were trying to accomplish….

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I do not know how many of you may have read anything written by Thomas Sowell. The below is from his book, The Vision of the Anointed....! today's situation seems to familiar...Key method of ‘crusading movements’ used by Liberals:

1. Assertions of a great danger to the whole society, a danger to which the masses of people are oblivious.
    2. An urgent need for action to avert impending catastrophe.
    3. A need for government to drastically curtail the dangerous behavior of the many, in response to the prescient conclusions of the few.
    4. A disdainful dismissal of arguments to the contrary as either; uniformed, irresponsible, or motivated by unworthy purposes.

As described by Thomas Sowell, Copyright 1995, The Vision of the Anointed…

Patterns of Failure
    Stage 1. The ‘Crisis’: Some situation exists, whose negative aspects the anointed propose to eliminate. Such a situation is routinely characterized as a “crisis,” even though all human situations have negative aspects. Sometimes the situation described as a “crisis” has in fact already been getting better for years.

Stage 2. “The Solution” Policies to end the “crisis” are advocated by the anointed, who say that these policies will lead to beneficial result ‘A’. Critics say that these policies will lead to detrimental result ‘Z’. The anointed dismiss these latter claims as absurd and “simplistic,” if not dishonest.

Stage 3. “The Results”: The policies are instituted and lead to detrimental result ‘Z.’

Stage 4. “The Response”: Those who attribute detrimental result ‘Z’ to the policies instituted are dismissed as “simplistic” for ignoring the “complexities” involved, as “many factors” went into determining the outcome. The burden of proof is put on the critics to demonstrate to a certainty that these policies alone were the only possible cause of the worsening that occurred. No burden of proof whatever is put on those who had so confidently predicted improvement. Indeed, it is often asserted that things would have been even worse, were it not for the wonderful programs that mitigated the inevitable damage from other factors.

Three examples covered in this text are: The set of social welfare policies called the War on Poverty started in 1964 by Lyndon Johnson; Next is the policy of introducing “sex education” into our schools as a means of reducing teenage pregnancy and venereal diseases; the third example is policies to “reduce violent crime” by adopting less punitive approach, being more concerned with preventive social policies beforehand and rehabilitation afterward, as well as showing more concern for the legal rights of defendants in criminal cases.
    By going through this process the ‘anointed’ redefine what it is that they were trying to accomplish….
    “Used by liberals” is that a direct quote, or did you make that up?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    “Used by liberals” is that a direct quote, or did you make that up?
    You meal like accusing me of having 3-4 wives or deleting your post but saying it is there???

Maybe you two could give the wife thing a rest, eh? Move on man move on
    ROCK CHALK

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You meal like accusing me of having 3-4 wives or deleting your post but saying it is there???
    No, like you accusing me of saying you had four wives and deleting the post, which is a lie.

please take your bitching to private messaging
    ROCK CHALK