Work layoffs
    Slow downs
    Cut backs
    Exposure to virus
    Quarantine
    Self quarantine

Just curious.
    I myself am in a self imposed Q.
    I think this virus has been around since November.
    So do some Nurses I know and talked to.
    I just don't want to spread what I have or get it from someone else.

Any accommodations that you or others have made?

How are you battling cabin fever?
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Has anyone here been affected by;
    Work layoffs
    Slow downs
    Cut backs
    Exposure to virus
    Quarantine
    Self quarantine

Just curious.

Ok Stan. I live on 200 acres and have 2-3 other farms I can train. Worked 2 pups that are starting "T" work. Still have 5 big dogs loaded and thinking about going to one of the farms and running a couple of blinds as we have had so much rain that the ground is soaking wet.

Monday, I took camper to a man who does my maintenance and repairs. Never went inside, only contact outside.
    Tuesday took dog truck to Ford dealer for oil change and a friend who is older than I picked me up and we went to his house to visit. He is also a retired dentist. Tuesday on way home stopped by grocery to pick up a couople of things. Got no closer to anyone less than 10 feet other than checkout girl.

Try to prevent anyone from entering my home and meet them outside. Have had flu but over it, it began well before this emergency. Glad I liv in a rural area so do not feel very restricted so far. Just wish the rain would quit so I could train my dogs.

I never realized how socially distant I was until this came about. The only thing that's really changed for me is the office is down to six team members while the rest work from home.
    Daniel Overstreet
    HRCH Sur-Shot's All Riled Up MH "Riley"
    SHR Hollie's Chocolate Delight "Hollie"
    All Riled Up's Nevermore "Raven"
    All Riled Up's Giving Advice "Abby"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Has anyone here been affected by;
    Work layoffs we have not had as of yet
    Slow downs very slow, we cannot see customers or distributors
    Cut backs none as of yet
    Exposure to virus not sure to be honest. I went thru 7 different airports a week ago, KC, Nashville, Mpls, Baltimore, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Midway (chicago)
    Quarantine Nope
    Self quarantine We are on self lock down from a work standpoint

Just curious.

My answers are above in bold. I am watching lots of G.O.T
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

My friends in the hospitality (resturaunts and bars & grills) business around here are getting creamed.
    Owners and wait staff.
    My friend that owns a hair salon is ordered closed.
    My buddies that are personal trainers are shut down.
    Gym ( us old buzzards go there every morning, for the coffee)) shut down.
    Our 5 stand league is shut down.
    Bowling league is shut down
    Cigar shop shut down.
    All schools shut down.

Is it like this by youse?
    Last edited by road kill; 03-19-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

My wife is not working as the ADA has recommended that all dental offices close for 3 weeks. Her boss told her to file for temp unemployment since it might be 6 weeks before they are able to reopen.

This is going to kill my business. Bad timing as I just made a significant purchase for new software for my business. I was forced to as I am losing all support for my old software as of 4/1/20.

They just closed the schools Indiana until May 1. Why so soon? Why are we rushing to judgement so soon. They are already out of school. Why not see how the next week plays out before making those decisions?

I personally think several of us in my office had this back in January as well as my son and half his school.

Talked to a friend today that had double pneumonia in January. He believes it was probably the corona virus. We will never know unfortunately.

On the bright side the new pup will be coming home the second weekend of April!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    (05/20/03-12/19/16)
    HRCH UH Scott's Little Pistol SH (Annie)
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member

My friends in the hospitality (resturaunts and bars & grills) business around here are getting creamed.
    My friend that owns a hair salon is ordered closed.
    My buddies that are personal trainers are shut down.
    Gym ( us old buzzards go there every morning, for the coffee)) shut down.
    Our 5 stand league is shut down.
    Bowling league is shut down
    Cigar shop shut down.
    All schools shut down.

Is it like this by youse?
    It sure is. Bars, eateries, salons, barber shops, gym's, Hell, my banks lobby was closed today, drive thru only. Schools, I think I mentioned to you about KU everything is online. My daughter best friend is a student up in Lincoln (a Cornhusker) same thing, on line the rest of their senior year. Kind of like REO Speedwagon would sing, Riding the storm out. It SUCKS!!!
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

No work for me until at least April 3rd, the good thing is I'll be getting paid..Too bad all this didn't happen during hunting season, I'll be busting clays, training the dogs and fishing..

Personally just inconvenienced a bit, glad I'm no longer in the F&B industry in LV, my friends are getting hit hard and all got furloughed. We survived the post 9/11 slowdown, hope they can weather this storm.It will push out all those that live week to week and rely on tips
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

We do very little different than our normal stuff, there are just a lot less people around when we do it.
    Bride got back from LV the 6th, no one appears sick so she must not have picked anything up. The
    highlight of the trip being Lake Mead & Red Rocks which see said has a really nice restaurant.

All transactions except the store are in the parking lot including a visit to the vet. One of my sons has
    a specialty dairy, all products produced on site. he has been shut out of the major market he derived
    most of his income from. Will now have to get innovative to feed his employees, the cows, who make
    milk & require feed regardless.

City council meetings are a hoot. Our mayor has an issue she can handle as there is not a solution.
    Things don't get better than this for the worthless in society.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein