Quarantine? - Page 7
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine?

South Dakota's governor issued an executive order along the same lines as other states, with one big caveat right at the top - Nothing in the executive order is enforceable. Everything mentioned begins with “should,” however the governor is encouraging all people, businesses and communities take action
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nogie1717 View Post
    South Dakota's governor issued an executive order along the same lines as other states, with one big caveat right at the top - Nothing in the executive order is enforceable. Everything mentioned begins with “should,” however the governor is encouraging all people, businesses and communities take action
    I think that one should expect states should take different actions. The problem will be different depending on the area of the country. The govenor of NY is currently making statementas that are totally in contradiction with the CDC and even what the President said yesterday.

Just for starters, he claims that NY is the leading edge of what to expect from the virus. He even goes so far as to say what happens in NY will be what happens in the rest of the country. If he had listened to Dr. Birx yesterday, he would have heard her say that Washington state and California is TWO WEEKS AHEAD OF NY! He wants ventilators moved around the country as need, which is a good idea. But given the facts, they will be needed on the wesgt coast first.

Is he all bad? Ofcourse not. But he is a politician.
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 03-24-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Most of you wpould have no recollection of Polio but it was the disease in the late 40's.
    The people I worked for in HS, he got it. Did not require an Iron Lung but spent some
    time in the hospital & bed ridden when he got home. Some folks who got it ended up
    as invalids for life, very crippling disease if you got it bad. It got fixed & is a distant
    memory.

There was no rhyme nor reason as to who might come down with it.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Most of you wpould have no recollection of Polio but it was the disease in the late 40's.
    The people I worked for in HS, he got it. Did not require an Iron Lung but spent some
    time in the hospital & bed ridden when he got home. Some folks who got it ended up
    as invalids for life, very crippling disease if you got it bad. It got fixed & is a distant
    memory.

There was no rhyme nor reason as to who might come down with it.
    I remember as a young boy in the early 50's I had a next door neighbors, boy, who was bedridden with polio. I would go over to his house to play with him. He was a very nice guy, but very limited in what he could do. I remember my mom would not let me go out and play when it was hot and humid outside. She believed that polio was caught when you are outside on hot humid days... When they finally found a cure, the first treatments were given with a hypodermic shot, not a sugar cube...

You can thank Dr Jonas Salk for all of us getting the polio vaccines thru grade school until we got it in the form of a sugar cube
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Jonas Salk, a great one.......

https://youtu.be/G7P4iFg048k
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

I had to go through 3 series. First wih live virus. Then with dead virus and then the sugar cube. I suspect Marvin had to do same.

PS
    I hope I got the order right as it has been a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I suspect Marvin had to do same.
    I don't remember how it was administered, probably a shot, I knew I didn't want it.
    I can remember marveling at how simply it was administered to our sons.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I don't remember how it was administered, probably a shot, I knew I didn't want it.
    I can remember marveling at how simply it was administered to our sons.
    I had a shot the first two times and then the sugar cube. The arguement was that they need to make sure that we were protected, claiming each was better than the previous.

OK
    A couple weeks plus into this Quaruntine thing now.

How are you passing the time?

Me and Elvis walk 4-5 miles every day and run either walking baseball or walking singles.

I have read & reread a couple interesting books.
    1 I bailed on.

How you all doin'?
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold