Governor Cuomo
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Cuomo

Default Governor Cuomo

Don't agree with much of what he stands for.

But he is a leader.
    He is stepping up big time.

JMO
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Don't agree with much of what he stands for.

But he is a leader.
    He is stepping up big time.

JMO
    I thought the putdown of the NYC Mayor quite to the point.

"That is not a decision you make, that is a decision I make."

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I thought the putdown of the NYC Mayor quite to the point.

"That is not a decision you make, that is a decision I make."
    Character shows in times like these.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Probably no one complains about Andy more than I, however, he has been level headed and decisive in all this mess. In a press conference a day or two ago, he took full responsibility for his actions, saying "it was all on him". New restrictions come out daily but if it saves lives then that will be great. It could be a nightmare in NYC in a few weeks, I am glad I do not live there.. this is a big state and upstate is seeing more and more cases by the day. Testing though seems very low and slow..not sure if that is everywhere, but to date, my county has not announced any cases but I don't think there are any tests here either.

Seems to be the only elected official shooting straight today, shame on the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    Seems to be the only elected official shooting straight today, shame on the rest of them.
    You need to listen to him more closely sick lids. First he says that NY is the leading edge which is false. It is the west coast that got infected first and is 2 weeks ahead of NY. 2nd he wants to have ventilators shipped from other areas of the country claiming that he needs them first and will send them back later when other areas need them such as Las Vegas and Denver, Atlanta, lexington, you name it. Let him promise to tell those patients that he has to disconnect them and send the ventilators back or tell those who have given them their ventilators that they can't have them back.

Ps

A classic politician.

Just direct resources to produce more ventilators and PPE in abundance.
    fOriginally Posted by a ftrustworthy long-standing fcontributor.

If ANYONE, be it an employee, employer, retired, military of government bureaucrat witnesses what they believe to be a crime, they have a responsibility to report it.

Hello, my name is Blind Ambition and for the benefit of those in doubt, I agree with the above statement in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You need to listen to him more closely sick lids. First he says that NY is the leading edge which is false. It is the west coast that got infected first and is 2 weeks ahead of NY. 2nd he wants to have ventilators shipped from other areas of the country claiming that he needs them first and will send them back later when other areas need them such as Las Vegas and Denver, Atlanta, lexington, you name it. Let him promise to tell those patients that he has to disconnect them and send the ventilators back or tell those who have given them their ventilators that they can't have them back.

Ps

A classic politician.
    He is asking for something he knows he is not going to get. The health care system was already running in a well oiled manner, but always just on the knife edge of full capacity, sometimes over, sometimes under. Dr's will be forced to take people off of ventilators who are less likely to have great outcomes in order to favor treating those who will most likely have favorable outcomes, not a position these people want to be in, but that is the way it is.

I would imagine that some engineers/tinkers will come up with a better mouse trap than we currently have now, maybe something with a central pressure supply and much simpler, at patient regulators than we have now....it will never see the light of day because of bureaucratic red tape tho.

Sounds like a sub acute care facility near Milwaukee has dropped the supply of masks to 1 per caregiver per week, they are kept under more security than the opioids now.

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    He is asking for something he knows he is not going to get. The health care system was already running in a well oiled manner, but always just on the knife edge of full capacity, sometimes over, sometimes under. Dr's will be forced to take people off of ventilators who are less likely to have great outcomes in order to favor treating those who will most likely have favorable outcomes, not a position these people want to be in, but that is the way it is.

I would imagine that some engineers/tinkers will come up with a better mouse trap than we currently have now, maybe something with a central pressure supply and much simpler, at patient regulators than we have now....it will never see the light of day because of bureaucratic red tape tho.

Sounds like a sub acute care facility near Milwaukee has dropped the supply of masks to 1 per caregiver per week, they are kept under more security than the opioids now.
    There is a requirement that hospitals must have a cirtificate of Need in order to even build or expand a hospital, which is issued biy the state. It is not controlled by the Federal Government. Cuomo wants the federal government to round up enough ventilators to satisfy what he considers NY needs and is happy to return them when NY no longer needs them. I don't think other states will stand for the ventilators that they have chosen to pruchase, be shipped to NY knowing they will only be returned when "NY no longer needs them".

Though the site "ELDERS" have pontificated against Cuomo, evidently I'm not the only one who thought without bias that this could be developing;

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...ocrats-future/

Again, not my guy, but at least he is awake!
    Stan b & Elvis