Governor Cuomo - Page 5
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor Cuomo

Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    I am sorry about the spelling. You know me.

Keith

Welcome back Keith, your spelling is tonic for us typoglycemics and always appreciated.
    fOriginally Posted by a ftrustworthy long-standing fcontributor.

If ANYONE, be it an employee, employer, retired, military of government bureaucrat witnesses what they believe to be a crime, they have a responsibility to report it.

Hello, my name is Blind Ambition and for the benefit of those in doubt, I agree with the above statement in its entirety.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lennie View Post
    I rarely post on this forum ...but please don't give Andy too much credit...look up NY Bail reform, where now instead of a judge setting bail, they arrest you and give you an appearance ticket instead of requesting cash bail for all misdomeaners and some felonies. Look at New York's gun laws, the strictest in the country, our property taxes the highest in the country along with California. NY is a nanny state, Cuomo rules here and most area's of upstate are treated like second class citizens. When this is all said and done, we are going to pay dearly, that is if there is anyone left here in this state to bail out NYC and Andy's political empire. If he ever makes it to POTUS, you will all see what I mean... As for AOC...I will reiterate, I have worked directly with other local factions of government in her area and believe me there is something in the water down there..they are WACKY! I blame it on too many pharmacuticals in the water supply.
    Lennie, post more often. A perspective from rural New York has tremendous value to the things we discuss/debate/argue/fuss/cuss about here!

That one other than myself would choose and continue to live in a terrible place is intriguing.......and comforting!
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Agree with you MN. Current "epicenter " is mentioned by can't find that specific quote " leading edge " either.
    Golddogs, searching for the "specific quote", "leading edge", reminds me of those exercises of trying to find the "3" among a page full of "8's". Good for an exercise of mindless relaxation but really of no substansive value unless an exercise for a third grader. Don't feel bad. We all get suckered at times and fail to see what is important and what is simply mindless nonsense.

I have no idea what you are "searching". Whether it is a transcript, a summary or better yet a video of the APPROXIMATELY(could be more or less) 2 weeks of Cuomo's hour, daily press briefings. I would love to see you go back and again review the material you searched and give YOUR opinion of what he said. I am certain of the 14 or so hours that I watched that I missed some things.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Golddogs, searching for the "specific quote", "leading edge", reminds me of those exercises of trying to find the "3" among a page full of "8's". Good for an exercise of mindless relaxation but really of no substansive value unless an exercise for a third grader. Don't feel bad. We all get suckered at times and fail to see what is important and what is simply mindless nonsense.

I have no idea what you are "searching". Whether it is a transcript, a summary or better yet a video of the APPROXIMATELY(could be more or less) 2 weeks of Cuomo's hour, daily press briefings. I would love to see you go back and again review the material you searched and give YOUR opinion of what he said. I am certain of the 14 or so hours that I watched that I missed some things.
    You've mention "leading edge" in like your last ten post but yet its of no substantial value?

Quote Originally Posted by seaandland View Post
    You've mention "leading edge" in like your last ten post but yet its of no substantial value?
    Oh yes it does. There were many terms that were used to describe the sme thing. When Cuomo usaed the term, he was referring to the place on the curve that he thought NY was. Dr. Binx used the term "relative position on the curve", stating that the west coast was about 2 weeks ahead of NY. The "curve" is the curve that talk so much as attempting to "flattning". Another term used frequently is "rate of increase".

When Cuomo used the term "leading edge" he was claiming that NY had progressed along the "curve" farther than any other area n the US and then came to the conclusion, that "what happens in NY is just an example of what was going to happen in the rest of the US. Yes, the term "leading edge DOES have "substantial value".

PS

So understand that I have he advantage of hearing most all his press briefings as well as those of Dr. Binx and Fauci.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Oh yes it does. There were many terms that were used to describe the sme thing. When Cuomo usaed the term, he was referring to the place on the curve that he thought NY was. Dr. Binx used the term "relative position on the curve", stating that the west coast was about 2 weeks ahead of NY. The "curve" is the curve that talk so much as attempting to "flattning". Another term used frequently is "rate of increase".

When Cuomo used the term "leading edge" he was claiming that NY had progressed along the "curve" farther than any other area n the US and then came to the conclusion, that "what happens in NY is just an example of what was going to happen in the rest of the US. Yes, the term "leading edge DOES have "substantial value".

PS

So understand that I have he advantage of hearing most all his press briefings as well as those of Dr. Binx and Fauci.
    I'll throw you a rope, I believe you are paraphrasing Cuomo, and are basically correct in what he said. Your reference to 2 weeks ahead makes me wonder if you completely grasp "what" the curve represents as time is just one of the data points used to draw or plot the curve. The curve is not used to measure time!

Quote Originally Posted by lennie View Post
    I rarely post on this forum ...but please don't give Andy too much credit...look up NY Bail reform, where now instead of a judge setting bail, they arrest you and give you an appearance ticket instead of requesting cash bail for all misdomeaners and some felonies. Look at New York's gun laws, the strictest in the country, our property taxes the highest in the country along with California. NY is a nanny state, Cuomo rules here and most area's of upstate are treated like second class citizens. When this is all said and done, we are going to pay dearly, that is if there is anyone left here in this state to bail out NYC and Andy's political empire. If he ever makes it to POTUS, you will all see what I mean... As for AOC...I will reiterate, I have worked directly with other local factions of government in her area and believe me there is something in the water down there..they are WACKY! I blame it on too many pharmacuticals in the water supply.
    Lennie...Welcome, you should post more often! Your comments are real, making a good case for what you are saying! Plus a bit of humor is good also. You gave me the first reasonable explanation for why AOC is such a loon....it is in the water!

Lawyers . . . I really agree with you. I worked for almost 20 years for a lawyer. She was the Asst to the Assoc Commissioner of Mental Health (Admin). I spent about 30 % of my time explaining to her about the projects I worked. Evey once in a while I'd have to close the door and explain that things in the land use area just weren't governed by the law but rather economics. She was a dear person and I loved working for her but I can't tell you the number of times I had to explain that there just wasn't a law that determined how a piece of land was valued.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Lennie, post more often. A perspective from rural New York has tremendous value to the things we discuss/debate/argue/fuss/cuss about here!

That one other than myself would choose and continue to live in a terrible place is intriguing.......and comforting!
    Well, I have been talking of leaving this State for awhile now...but I am still working and not yet retired, was getting close but now with the 401K sinking away maybe awhile longer than I had hoped. But believe me I have been doing my research!

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    I'll throw you a rope, I believe you are paraphrasing Cuomo, and are basically correct in what he said. Your reference to 2 weeks ahead makes me wonder if you completely grasp "what" the curve represents as time is just one of the data points used to draw or plot the curve. The curve is not used to measure time!
    Sure, given the variables,is only one of the variables and the other is the RATE OF CHANGES OF INFECTIONS. The statement that "the west coast was ahead of NY by about 2 weeks" was a quote by Dr. Birx more than once.

Neither the statement "flatten the curve" or "leading edge", are math terms. The "curve" they speak of, is a chart or "THE RATE OF CHANGE in the number of new infections". This is definitely a variable that involves time. Take a car for example. If one were to say that a car is traveling at the rate of 50 miles per hour, that car would have a "change of rate of speed of ZERO. If one were to chart this over time, with speed as the verticle axis and time the horizontal axis, then the chart would be a horizontal line. Now if you wanted to chart a car that was accelerating at the rate of 10 mph and started at zero and you were charting the speed over time, then the car would be traveling at 10 mph after an hour and 20mph after 2 hours and so on. If you had speed on the vertical axis and time on the horizontal axis, the chart would be a simple line with a slope based on the rise and run( a term that is often used in defining the pitch of a roof.

The "curve " is actually even more complicated that the above mentioned. The chart is the "rate of INCREASE in the number of infections over a period of time". That is what Dr. Binx was referring when SHE said that "NY was about 2 weeks behind the west coast". Given that there are a finite number of people on earth, It is also true that the rate of increase in new cases MUST fall and not only reach zero but also must become a negative.

People like Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci who have a very high level of training and also over 40 years of experience, are the types of people we normally listen for advice. Their jobs in particular, is to assemble all the necessary data possible and then after weighting and priortizing it, give us their conclusions as what to expect and what to do. sometimes they even use terms such as "flatten the curve, hot spots and even leading edge, in an attempt to simplify or create a term that is easy to remember.