Governor Cuomo - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 145

Thread: Governor Cuomo

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Though the site "ELDERS" have pontificated against Cuomo, evidently I'm not the only one who thought without bias that this could be developing;

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...ocrats-future/

    Again, not my guy, but at least he is awake!
    Here you and I disagree. He scares me more that Pelosi ever has. Most know what you have with her and few know what they will have with him. Listening to him today, he still says "I will let you have your ventilators back when I don'tneed them. He also says "If you don't do what I say"(my words), "I will come afer you"(his words). Many support Trump because he talks tough. While I dislike his talk, which is getting much better. I like his policies. As for Cuomo, I highly dislike his talk, disregarding the Constitution AND I dislike his policies. I can even see him declaring such an emergency such that if President, he would advocate suspension of elections. That is how bad I see him.

    PS

    It has little to do with age but all to do with our freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    15,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Here you and I disagree. He scares me more that Pelosi ever has. Most know what you have with her and few know what they will have with him. Listening to him today, he still says "I will let you have your ventilators back when I don'tneed them. He also says "If you don't do what I say"(my words), "I will come afer you"(his words). Many support Trump because he talks tough. While I dislike his talk, which is getting much better. I like his policies. As for Cuomo, I highly dislike his talk, disregarding the Constitution AND I dislike his policies. I can even see him declaring such an emergency such that if President, he would advocate suspension of elections. That is how bad I see him.

    PS

    It has little to do with age but all to do with our freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution.
    I don't believe any one has stated that they like him.
    But as far as the Democrats go...….

    …...he would be a far more formidable opponent to Trump than a man in early stages of some form of dementia.
    Stan b & Elvis

    So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

  4. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Here you and I disagree. He scares me more that Pelosi ever has. Most know what you have with her and few know what they will have with him. Listening to him today, he still says "I will let you have your ventilators back when I don'tneed them. He also says "If you don't do what I say"(my words), "I will come afer you"(his words). Many support Trump because he talks tough. While I dislike his talk, which is getting much better. I like his policies. As for Cuomo, I highly dislike his talk, disregarding the Constitution AND I dislike his policies. I can even see him declaring such an emergency such that if President, he would advocate suspension of elections. That is how bad I see him.

    PS

    It has little to do with age but all to do with our freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution.
    Cary, me not living in NY, can you elaborate on which policies of Cuomo's you dislike?
    Thanks
    ROCK CHALK

    What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Cary, me not living in NY, can you elaborate on which policies of Cuomo's you dislike?
    Thanks
    First, he claims that "NY is the leading edge. What happens in NY will happen in the rest of the country"( note placement of quotes). THIS IS FALSE!! Dr. Birx has stated many timers that the west coast is ahead of NY by 1-2 weeks, which makes sense by both the data and the fact that people from Asia came to the US with the virus before they came to the east coast from Europe and Africa. He has said repeatedly "I will return your ventialtors when I no longer need them". He is chalenging the Federal Government to invoke emergency powers to do just that.

    Reginald, I hope you, RK and all here do not believe that I am in no way ridiculing any here. I have no intention of trying to dumb down any concept or that your opinion and questions should not be answered. As you have asked, I am trying to answer. I think most here know that I have a very strong belief in the American people and that we strongly care about the health and freedoms of all. But sometimes we may lose perspective and sometimes we may even forget that the freedoms and liberties guaranteed, are to be preserved. We must constantly be awere that there are a few that would use an emergency in order to deny citizens those freedoms and rights so guaranteed.

    I listen to the recommended VOLENTARY policies of both Dr. Birx and Fauci. I think they they are the best at what they do and if they can convince the public as what the public needs to do, then we will be ok and come out of this, a better people and a better country.

    Now for my personal opinion, I think that there have been far more deaths from the flu this winter than from the China virus in this country. I think there will be more deaths from the common flu in the near future than from the China flu. These are just my opinions, not a prediction. These conclusions come from history, and the current description of the China, and current death numbers than anything else.

    Lastly, my goal is to follow the reccomendations of the CDC as best I can, voluntarily. I think that is the best we can do.

  7. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    First, he claims that "NY is the leading edge. What happens in NY will happen in the rest of the country"( note placement of quotes). THIS IS FALSE!! Dr. Birx has stated many timers that the west coast is ahead of NY by 1-2 weeks, which makes sense by both the data and the fact that people from Asia came to the US with the virus before they came to the east coast from Europe and Africa. He has said repeatedly "I will return your ventialtors when I no longer need them". He is chalenging the Federal Government to invoke emergency powers to do just that.

    Reginald, I hope you, RK and all here do not believe that I am in no way ridiculing any here. I have no intention of trying to dumb down any concept or that your opinion and questions should not be answered. As you have asked, I am trying to answer. I think most here know that I have a very strong belief in the American people and that we strongly care about the health and freedoms of all. But sometimes we may lose perspective and sometimes we may even forget that the freedoms and liberties guaranteed, are to be preserved. We must constantly be awere that there are a few that would use an emergency in order to deny citizens those freedoms and rights so guaranteed.

    I listen to the recommended VOLENTARY policies of both Dr. Birx and Fauci. I think they they are the best at what they do and if they can convince the public as what the public needs to do, then we will be ok and come out of this, a better people and a better country.

    Now for my personal opinion, I think that there have been far more deaths from the flu this winter than from the China virus in this country. I think there will be more deaths from the common flu in the near future than from the China flu. These are just my opinions, not a prediction. These conclusions come from history, and the current description of the China, and current death numbers than anything else.

    Lastly, my goal is to follow the reccomendations of the CDC as best I can, voluntarily. I think that is the best we can do.
    I'll preface this by saying, this is not meant as an endorsement of Cuomo, I know nothing really about the man. Just making a point as to what he is or is not doing for the people of NY.

    With that being said, Maybe his use of " NY is the leading edge" wording is simply that NY has double the amount of infected people as anyone else in the country, thus they are the leading edge. Don't you think as the leader of your state you would want someone fighting hard for those that live there? I would!!!

    I whole heartily agree with your statement regarding the Flu vs COVID 19. At times I think to much is made out of this, then again at times I sit back and say WOW with regards to COVID 19.
    ROCK CHALK

    What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

  8. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    I'll preface this by saying, this is not meant as an endorsement of Cuomo, I know nothing really about the man. Just making a point as to what he is or is not doing for the people of NY.

    With that being said, Maybe his use of " NY is the leading edge" wording is simply that NY has double the amount of infected people as anyone else in the country, thus they are the leading edge. Don't you think as the leader of your state you would want someone fighting hard for those that live there? I would!!!

    I whole heartily agree with your statement regarding the Flu vs COVID 19. At times I think to much is made out of this, then again at times I sit back and say WOW with regards to COVID 19.

    Thanks again for the question,Reginald. You point out that I did not fully give and answer what I meant by "leading edge". Where an area of the country is on the curve is of vital importance in predicting where it will be in days to come. That was referring to the place where the west coast is on the curve(being the curve they talk about lowering the peak), and where NY is. Last week when Cuomo started this stuff, Dr. Birx stated that the west coast was about 2 weeks ahead of NY on this curve and that the west coast was ACTUALLY PAST THE PEAK and was on the way to seeing a drop in cases of hospitilizations. Now at this very day, Cuomo is saying that NY is experiencing a drop in the RATE OF INCREASE in hospitilizations. In other words, it is not as bad as he predicted as late as last week.

    I almost want to throw up when I hear a politician say that "It is bad and it is going to get worse, but nobody should panic". Again, listen to the CDC. If you need, go to its web site for the things it suggests one do in order to protect themselves and others. The list isn't long and none of the things limit our lives or freedoms in a significant way.

    PS

    I just heard Cuomo say to "just give me the FACTS". I would suggest that he first "VERIFY THE FACTS" before he starts making statements nationally on TV.
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 03-26-2020 at 11:33 AM.

  9. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Southern Tier NY
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Cuomo is a PROGRESSIVE democrat...it will be a terrible thing if they draft him for the nomination...if you are conservative "at all" I would say that would be a terrible outcome. I have thought it but absolutely dread the thought. Almost as bad as Biden getting the nomination with Hillary as Vice, then removing Biden from office for his obvious health issue!

  10. #18
    Senior Member drunkenpoacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lennie View Post
    Cuomo is a PROGRESSIVE democrat
    Like all progressives, he's slippery.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5...hand-sanitizer
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

  11. #19
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    15,333

    Default

    Cuomo is from a family political machine, just like Pelosi, and just like the Bush family ( I know people may think thats blasphemy from me, but its the truth), might as well throw Romney in there too
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  12. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Cuomo is from a family political machine, just like Pelosi, and just like the Bush family ( I know people may think thats blasphemy from me, but its the truth), might as well throw Romney in there too
    Bon, I can't believe you left out the #1 political family, THE KENNEDY'S
    ROCK CHALK

    What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •