pork?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pork?

Default pork?

I have been trying to find a list that gives a breakdown of the coronavirus bill. The news/tabloids all report the parts they want us to read. I just want to know what percentage of the bill is destined to be used for helping combat coronavirus and helping those affected by it.

Someone here know where such a breakdown might be? (without having to read the entire bill)
    The way I look at it, every dog is an opportunity to be a better trainer, and every day is a new day to be a better trainer to the same dog we trained yesterday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

doesnt really matter because all people care about is how much $$ do we get and when do we get it..it has so much pork attached because its the first bill that has actually had some impact, the only votes that have been held in Congress have either had to do with impeachment or SCOTUS confirmation...

I am just guessing but its probably like the Patriot Bill, post 9/11, where provisions will kick in months or even years from now and leave us scratching our heads going WTH, when did that become law, hate to use the phrase, "..you have to pass it to find out what's in it" but its probably the truth
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    doesnt really matter because all people care about is how much $$ do we get and when do we get it..it has so much pork attached because its the first bill that has actually had some impact, the only votes that have been held in Congress have either had to do with impeachment or SCOTUS confirmation...

I am just guessing but its probably like the Patriot Bill, post 9/11, where provisions will kick in months or even years from now and leave us scratching our heads going WTH, when did that become law, hate to use the phrase, "..you have to pass it to find out what's in it" but its probably the truth

Underlined quote cracks me up because in Alaska it is and has been the exact same thing ever since oil was discovered. Both the state and the citizens of AK have bled the golden goose out like a hog hung for butcher. The state collects taxes and the citizens receive 'free money' in the form of a yearly dividend which is from the investments made on at least some of those taxe... --- of which I was one for a very long time, btw.....

Once you start telling people they will get free money, the entitlement mentality takes hold and doesn't let go.
    The way I look at it, every dog is an opportunity to be a better trainer, and every day is a new day to be a better trainer to the same dog we trained yesterday.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Underlined quote cracks me up because in Alaska it is and has been the exact same thing ever since oil was discovered. Both the state and the citizens of AK have bled the golden goose out like a hog hung for butcher. The state collects taxes and the citizens receive 'free money' in the form of a yearly dividend which is from the investments made on at least some of those taxe... --- of which I was one for a very long time, btw.....

Once you start telling people they will get free money, the entitlement mentality takes hold and doesn't let go.
    Correction : once you start telling people they will get "free money ", they start spending it on frivolous items or as was the case with Katrina victims, they used the debit cards at strip clubs and buying TV's and cell phones....

I guess what chafes my ass the most is not that people are getting the money, its that people were already asking for it BEFORE they even missed a paycheck or in some cases even received an unemployment check.. There is a real possibility that people I actually know are getting a check from their employers for the next month, plus unemployment , plus a stimulus check....and they are still bitching about things
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Correction : once you start telling people they will get "free money ", they start spending it on frivolous items or as was the case with Katrina victims, they used the debit cards at strip clubs and buying TV's and cell phones....

I guess what chafes my ass the most is not that people are getting the money, its that people were already asking for it BEFORE they even missed a paycheck or in some cases even received an unemployment check.. There is a real possibility that people I actually know are getting a check from their employers for the next month, plus unemployment , plus a stimulus check....and they are still bitching about things
    Exactly. And rather than realize that a person/family needs to prepare for the unexpected, they'll just hold their hands out and squeal until Uncle Sam satisfies their demands. FWIW, since my wife and I have an emergency fund, I'm buying decoys with my gubbinment money. lol
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I have been trying to find a list that gives a breakdown of the coronavirus bill. The news/tabloids all report the parts they want us to read. I just want to know what percentage of the bill is destined to be used for helping combat coronavirus and helping those affected by it.

Someone here know where such a breakdown might be? (without having to read the entire bill)
    govt = pork

doesnt really matter because all people care about is how much $$ do we get and when do we get it..
    x4...... We saw the same thing with the Tax bill, the Hell with the deficit, let our children and grandchildren pay for it, all that people care about is a couple extra dollars to waste, shameful.

how can govt give us money when we are the govt?

Quote Originally Posted by nogie1717 View Post
    Exactly. And rather than realize that a person/family needs to prepare for the unexpected, they'll just hold their hands out and squeal until Uncle Sam satisfies their demands. FWIW, since my wife and I have an emergency fund, I'm buying decoys with my gubbinment money. lol
    Who's to say you will receive any at all?
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

Correction : once you start telling people they will get "free money ", they start spending it on frivolous items or as was the case with Katrina victims, they used the debit cards at strip clubs
    Legitimate small businesses with contract workers trying to make a living on tips.......don't judge winners and losers Bon. Small business is the back boner of our economy!

20200325_202034.jpg
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof