Default Grocery and Take Out vs Covid-19

Some techniques to protect your household from Coronavirus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDuwc9KBps

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Great Video..

Good safety precautionary steps..

Working in aerospace for quite sometime, and spending almost everyday in "Clean Room" environments assembling precision mechanisums for satelites ect.
    It is amazing the steps that are taken to keep things from contamination..

No perfume, gum, hairspray, makeup, all street clothing covered toataly with booties for shoes, gowns/covealls,hair nets/boufaunts,face masks or full face shields. Multiple layers of latex/nitril gloves,,and then all cuffs at sleeves,,and pantlegs tapped. All of that personal gowning ,take, gloves are all precision cleaned,and kept in an Anti room,where you gown up before entering the "Clean" environment..

All tooling ,carts,, benches, assembly flow benches are precision cleaned before they can be brought into clean environment.. All furniture /tools double wrapped in Sterile anti static Plastic,,then unwrapped,,in another separate anti room for tooling..

You can not show up to work in dirty clothing.. (I was a machinist) very little oil used for machining lubricant.. Special grease only approved for lubrication of hardware (most proprietary)

Was required to machine many toxic materials.. Required to wear a full containment suit,,and enclosed respirator while I worked so as not to damage my lungs or other organs.. (beryllium pure) That room that the machining was done had to be highly filtered.. air tests done hourly.. You showered off as you ended your day,,all the containment suits,,and placed them in bio-hazard drums to be dis posed of properly..

Many could only be on a respirator for 4 hours max..

The video the doctor showed is very easy to do,, and only takes a bit extra amount of work..

Its a cake walk compared to what some do for their daily employment..

Just take care of yourself!! You most definatly are NOT indestructible,,cowboy!! (sorry cowgirl,,most importantly.. )

There is bad bad stuff out there! Just think if this would a been a dirty bomb..

Be prepared..
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 03-26-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Thanks, saved the link for my wife to look at. She was doing much of that already.

The present process consists of 1) phoning in the order and paying over the phone (credit card),
    2) picking up the order from a room in the back of the store (individual container easily moved
    a short distance to the car).

The rest of the process is back home much as in the video. She has reviewed this video and made
    some adjustments. My wife is a retired Health teacher and very diligent.

She was (is) an excellent pick.
    Jim Boyer KwickLabsii.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for sharing Dr Ed! I’ve shared with my family and friends.

I would add to think about your vehicle you bring groceries home in.
    I would add a Tarp to cover the seat or areea you place the bags on.. Spread the Tarp out in the sun when you are done. Even on a cool day, the tarp will get quite warm then store it till next trip..If you have a Pick-up,,of course use the bed..
    also, a mask (if you have one) or simply cover your face (Nose and mouth) with a doubled up T shirt, head band ect.. Those evil looking tactical balaclava, will remind you of the seriousness of what your doing,not to mention make you look weird,,and keep your neighbor away from wanting to discuss mindless topics.. as you unload and wash the groceries.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

You can make a "mask" out of one of those tactical Balaclava ,,by taping doubled up twisted cotton on the inside, where the nose and mouth are is.. No need to cover the ear area..

Don't go out now and purchase a case of those ski masks!

www.canningandcookingathome.com

That link is Dianes web site..

She has great info about canning all kinds of things.. A simple pressure canner (Ace hardware) gets you in business.. In season vegtables are approaching.. a jar or two a week pu up in a pantry adds up quick..

If you are stuck a thome,, This will give you something creative to do that will help keep you a bit prepared..

There is a "Canning 101" help tab, that will get you started,,, She is always available for questions.

She is an ambassador for the Washington fruit commission, and has been sponsored by Ball canning, and other preserving companies..

ALL NON PROFIT!! No money to her.. This is NOT a business..

She has approx. 600,000 Pintrest followers, and 50,000 of so facebook Approx. 140,000 visit "canningandcookingathome.com" daily..

She strictly follows quidelines set by the National center for Home Food preservation.. (NCHFP)

Usda..

She wont help you with Grandmas dated methods.. She understands they have been proven safe ,,but wont discuss them on her public site..

She says "Your Kitchen, your rules"

The "Chunky Mustard pickles" ,, "Pickled Jalapenos" (Cowboy Candy), and her "Spiced Pinto beans" are my favorites..

Of course Sweet Olathe, Colorado corn,,and Palisade ,Colorado peaches..

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    The "Chunky Mustard pickles" ,, "Pickled Jalapenos" (Cowboy Candy), and her "Spiced Pinto beans" are my favorites..

Of course Sweet Olathe, Colorado corn,,and Palisade ,Colorado peaches..

My wife and I both were born and raised in Colorado. Always loved the corn, peaches, and Rocky Ford Cantaloupe!

From 5 on I lived up in the mountains and my Dad usually would bring home Palisade Peaches every year. One year a few got pretty soft. We lived in a 'College Town' and a few of us liked to throw stuff at college guys driving down the main drag, in the early 60's.

One night, I grabbed one of the soft peaches and later that night chucked it at a guy in a nice late 50's Chevy. It hit him right on his left headlight and painted his car over most of the left side. We 3 of us, scattered as we had a number of hiding places. One of the guys lost a shoe, and got caught, so we all had to give up! The car owner worked at a gas station, so he drove is over their and said if we cleaned his car and waxed it he would not call our parents. We worked for a long time making that car look like a new one....he dropped us off where he found us and we all went home...guy had already called our parents...it was not a good night!

But, we put the word out at school, and that guy found how many kids were in town that could throw stuff pretty well...and they never got caught. He paid for his mistake....