Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shortages

Default Shortages

Never trust a dog to watch your food!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I feel bad for the healthcare industry, I really do. I know they are doing their very best with what they have to work with. However, as for someone who works in the manufacturing industry, you can't snap your fingers and have a boat load of new inventory pop up and out.

What is happening around the world is something no one could have ever predicted or forecasted for. I wish they would stop blaming people and/or pointing the finger at certain individuals.

As for the TP shortage, that's all about the hoarders, plain and simple.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    I feel bad for the healthcare industry, I really do. I know they are doing their very best with what they have to work with. However, as for someone who works in the manufacturing industry, you can't snap your fingers and have a boat load of new inventory pop up and out.

What is happening around the world is something no one could have ever predicted or forecasted for. I wish they would stop blaming people and/or pointing the finger at certain individuals.

As for the TP shortage, that's all about the hoarders, plain and simple.
    Reginald, I agree with you totally. If I had a single mask, I would take it immediately to the nearest healthcare provider as they need it far more than I. As for tiolet paper, I have plenty because I bought extra by mistake a few weeks ago. I bought it meaning to get paper towels.

Fact is that I have a simple solution if I run out. I wear T-shirts year round under my regular shirts. Always have. When the holes are biger than I want, I then use them as rags. My ex wife was old fashioned and chose to use regular cloth diapers as much as possible so I was used to soiled cotton filling the washing machine during those days.Now I am saving those old T-shirts for another reason. So if I run out of TP and I give you an old clean white T-shirt, all will know what to do with it!

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    My ex wife was old fashioned and chose to use regular cloth diapers as much as possible
    Cloth diapers create the incentive to potty train the little buggers.
    The earliest form of indirect pressure!

If you can't potty train the little buggers, how would you feel qualified to
    train a dog!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Cloth diapers create the incentive to potty train the little buggers.
    The earliest form of indirect pressure!

If you can't potty train the little buggers, how would you feel qualified to
    train a dog!
    I love it Marvin!!! If she had only told me that, I might have been a better dog trainer. Do you think that the lack of TP is indirect pressure for my hoarding my old T-shirts to fill the need??

I reached my tipping point last night when I was at Walgreens. I was picking up my 12 pack of Diet Coke when I see this guy and his cart is loaded to the brim with toilet paper, cleaning supplies, diapers, etc. I said, "You're a real hero, pal. It's guys like you who make this country great. Hoarding the essentials so some mother out there doesn't have diapers and can't clean off her counters. Maybe we should give you the Nobel Prize?"

The guy gave me a weird smirk and turned his back on me. That's when I lost it. Four letter words came pouring out, most of the shoppers gathered around to see the show. When it was all said and done, the man looked at me and said, "Can I go back to stocking the shelves now?"
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

nogie1717....Thanks for my laugh today! God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by nogie1717 View Post
    I reached my tipping point last night when I was at Walgreens. I was picking up my 12 pack of Diet Coke when I see this guy and his cart is loaded to the brim with toilet paper, cleaning supplies, diapers, etc. I said, "You're a real hero, pal. It's guys like you who make this country great. Hoarding the essentials so some mother out there doesn't have diapers and can't clean off her counters. Maybe we should give you the Nobel Prize?"

The guy gave me a weird smirk and turned his back on me. That's when I lost it. Four letter words came pouring out, most of the shoppers gathered around to see the show. When it was all said and done, the man looked at me and said, "Can I go back to stocking the shelves now?"
    Awesome......

Well, if the toilet paper runs out, we can always get tamale wrappers, although a bit costly.

HPL
    Last edited by HPL; 03-28-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com