No DVD player. Is it possible to buy streaming version of Lardy's videos?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: No DVD player. Is it possible to buy streaming version of Lardy's videos?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default No DVD player. Is it possible to buy streaming version of Lardy's videos?

    As per title, I was wondering if it's possible to purchase Lardy videos in a manner that allows me to view them online or download them to my computer? I do not have a DVD player.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member captainjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Grantville, GA
    Posts
    5,311
    Glen Guider, GA
    HRCH UH Candlewoods Captain Jack Sparrow MH QA2
    HR UH Candlewoods Small Town Southern Man "AJ" MH QA2
    GRHRCH UH Gandy's Ready for a Hurricane "Maggie" MH QA2
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH QA2
    SML's Burn Notice "Fiona" QA2
    Red Squad's Randall Raines "Memphis"

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Monroe, GA
    Posts
    290

    Default

    With Windows 10 you will need a DVD player app, like PowerDVD I think standard current version is between $ 60-100.00 and you will need a player like Glen referenced.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member bamajeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Bertram View Post
    With Windows 10 you will need a DVD player app, like PowerDVD I think standard current version is between $ 60-100.00 and you will need a player like Glen referenced.
    VLC media player is free and will play most video formats, DVDs, .iso images, etc
    http://videolan.org/vlc/index.html
    HRCH Laney's Chocolate Roux MH QAA
    HRCH Full Steam Coaltrain RIP

  7. #5
    Senior Member Big Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Honest question... has anyone ever heard firsthand from the popular trainers who market dvds as to why they have not gone to streaming online for paid members? People haven't stopped buying pups, so it is not as if they are not still selling their wares. One would think their market is greatly decreased by people not wanting to deal with DVDs.

  8. #6
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    15,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post
    Honest question... has anyone ever heard firsthand from the popular trainers who market dvds as to why they have not gone to streaming online for paid members? People haven't stopped buying pups, so it is not as if they are not still selling their wares. One would think their market is greatly decreased by people not wanting to deal with DVDs.
    Pretty simple, once they put it on line it shows up as an open source on You Tube or gets shared among the community, leaving it open to being pirated and sold off piece meal to people who want the content but dont want to pay the MSRP..If they are ever able to put their content on some kind of PPV site then someone might be able to access it. But I dont blame them because people want to use their intellectual property without paying for it
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  9. #7
    Senior Member Big Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Pretty simple, once they put it on line it shows up as an open source on You Tube or gets shared among the community, leaving it open to being pirated and sold off piece meal to people who want the content but dont want to pay the MSRP..If they are ever able to put their content on some kind of PPV site then someone might be able to access it. But I dont blame them because people want to use their intellectual property without paying for it
    I don't blame them for wanting to protect their intellectual property either, but surely there has to be a way for them to join the 21st century. I mean many new cars are not even coming with CD players anymore, and one would think they are limiting their income more than protecting it. Discs are really not much better than an 8 track cassette, and websites with a firewall are not that hard. As for it appearing on youtube, I guess someone could film a DVD playing on their tv with their cellphone and upload it to youtube, so I don't know that your line of thinking really holds water. People talk about wanting to attract younger people. Moving this direction would be conducive toward that end. I'm just spitballin, but I know many people feel the same, in large part because this topic keeps coming up regularly.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    406

    Default

    It is a real challenge. DVDs are going away but even a firewalled site people can share their login. Can't tell you how many people I know who share a Netflix or similar account.

    Hillman has put some of his stuff online.

    You can always buy the DVD and rip it to your harddrive. Not legal but if you aren't sharing it with anyone then not really a violation of the spirit of the law, just the letter.

  11. #9
    Senior Member Wayne Nutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,937

    Default

    I have an external cd/dvd player for my laptop. It was really inexpensive as I recall. I play my training dvds on it via VLC.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

    HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow" RIP (9/12/05-11/23/19)
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack" RIP
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson" RIP (5/26/01-6/18/15)
    Castile Creeks Rawhide, MH "Rowdy"

  12. #10

    Default

    I agree with what Wayne just typed above. In the grand scheme of things all the things that we buy ducks tossers gasoline 20 bucks on an external DVD player tis nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •