Masks
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Masks

Default Masks

How many of you wear masks when you venture out in public now?
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I don’t. I do look @ those who are driving with them. Bless their hearts, indeed.

I do not and I do have a couple , but on the rare occasions I have to go pick up stuff at UCLA I might put it on but I'm only there less than ten minutes, yesterday less than three
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Do much of what we have always done. Not a hugger so don't have to undo that.
    I'm actually outside as much as I can be. Do wash the hands more. Got masks but
    have not found a need. Never did like crowds.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

We do when we go food shopping. Mask and gloves. Susan made the masks. They have a pocket that accepts HEPA filter material that we cut out of ventilation filters. She made a bunch. Lot's of time on our hands, now. We sterilize them with a steam iron, then replace the filter.

Besides, we're not taking any chances. She has Asthma and I had a heart attack in 2008 and we're 67, so we check all the boxes for increased risk. -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I don’t and haven’t but certainly understand why some do. What I don’t understand is when I see someone walking down the sidewalk wearing a mask.

My service tech is wearing a mask, gloves and covers on his boots when he goes into a home.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    (05/20/03-12/19/16)
    HRCH UH Scott's Little Pistol SH (Annie)
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member

On of my DIL's is an MD in a fairly high risk area. She does the full enchilada,
    mouth cover, face mask, gloves & a full gown. Goes home removes her clothing
    to the washing machine, immediately washes them, complete shower before
    touching anything. Can't be too safe when exposed several times/day. The only
    patients venturing out are High risk.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

Wearing a mask in the store and at home depot and carry my own hand sanitizer. Absolutely don't get folks wearing gloves, as there is no evidence that the virus will breach the skin barrier, and the first time you touch anything with the glove, it's contaminated. If you touch your eye, nose, or mouth with the glove, now you're contaminated, just as you would be if you weren't wearing the glove. The gloves are only effective if you change them every time you touch ANY surface which could be contaminated.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Nope, don't own one, want one, or want to use one! We spent Easter with my son and his family and I am going Turkey hunting with my oldest later this week...

I haven't had the flu in over 15 years.....

I broke down and bought a new mask today, because yesterday I was not allowed in Chipolte because I was not wearing one...bought it from a street vendor just minutes before the local police shut him down from selling those masks on the street...mine looks like it was repurposed from a previous garment, I would say about a size 36C
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"