Canada banning 12 & 10 ga shotguns. - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canada banning 12 & 10 ga shotguns.

You spent some time putting that one together. Good one, John! Made me smile!

Apparently though, no checking of bores of 10 or 12 gauge shotguns will be necessary per the clarification that was issued.

"The Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) of the RCMP adheres to the Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners' (AFTE) definition for bore diameter measurements. "The interior dimensions of the barrel forward of the chamber but before the choke." (Glossary of the Association of Firearm & Tool Mark Examiners by the AFTE Standardization Committee, 1st Ed. 1980). This is reflected in the RCMP's Firearms Reference Table (FRT) which clearly states that "...in shotguns, diameter of the barrel forward of the chamber but before the choke." The CFP also recognizes the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute (SAAMI) standards regarding firearms and ammunition. The SAAMI chamber specifications for 10ga and 12ga shotguns do not include chokes therefore indicating that chokes are not part of the bore. Accordingly, it is the CFP's view that, in accordance with acceptable firearms industry standards for shotguns, the bore diameter measurement is considered to be at a point after the chamber, but before the choke.

Further, in making classification assessments of firearms which are reflected in the FRT, the CFP relies on recognized industry standard measurements. With respect to 10ga and 12ga shotguns, the CFP recognizes the SAAMI standard specifications which establish that the nominal (i.e. standard) bore diameter measurements for 10ga and 12ga shotguns are below the 20mm threshold (19.69mm for 10ga, 18.42mm for 12ga)."
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    SAMMI specifications for a 10 Ga bore diameter is .775 + .020

20mm decimal eqiv. equals .7874

Theses ae the 10 ga SAMI specs.. Notice,, .775 PLUS , 20 thousandths..! Some foreign countries don't adhere to SAMMI specifications.. Older guns in particular..

Also, remember there are still 4, and 8 gauge guns floating around..

Remove screw in chokes in 12 ga,, and things change,, Gun can still be fired.. I see an Opening that Politicians can slither though.. This is just my opinion...

Of course the UNITED STATES are full of red necks,, and we all worship the second amendment
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 05-12-2020 at 09:36 AM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I would point out also,, that Bugs is using a Venerial Clapaleer, to measure!!

Not the most accurate..

Silly rabbit!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I would point out also,, that Bugs is using a Venerial Clapaleer, to measure!!

Not the most accurate..

Silly rabbit!
    Hell, I'd vote for Elmer! Beats most politicians I know...