Tuberville vs Sessions
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Tuberville vs Sessions

  1. #1
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    15,440

    Default Tuberville vs Sessions

    this is drama....its gonna get even nastier, a no holds barred knockdown drag out, barn burner...I would love to see they type of local ads being shown in Alabama..the Twitter feed between DJT and Sessions has all the makings of a Swamp draining battle
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    15,818

    Default

    Sessions, like Biden, is part of the problem.
    Not the solution.
    Stan b & Elvis

    So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

  4. #3
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,882

    Default

    Coach Tuberville wins. Then wins again.
    john mccallie

    cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    4,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Sessions, like Biden, is part of the problem.
    Not the solution.
    Why do you say this? Sessions has a long record. Tuberville wins football games. There's nothing about coaching that allows a voter to judge ability to work in a political arena. The Senate just isn't operated by a bunch of sweaty folks standing in a circle singing "War Eagle down the field. . ." I've heard Coach Tuberville speak a number of times. Not once has he expressed either a negative or positive position on an idea that is a part of current affairs. Basically he needs to watch the old cartoon of "How a bill becomes a law" because he doesn't have a clue. Sessions would recover his seniority in the Senate and be able to help the citizen of Alabama. Tuberville would not be much help at all.

    If you are talking about Sessions actions regarding the Mueller probe, he was acting in accord with the law. There was noting else he could do.
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog

  7. #5
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    15,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Why do you say this? Sessions has a long record. Tuberville wins football games. There's nothing about coaching that allows a voter to judge ability to work in a political arena. The Senate just isn't operated by a bunch of sweaty folks standing in a circle singing "War Eagle down the field. . ." I've heard Coach Tuberville speak a number of times. Not once has he expressed either a negative or positive position on an idea that is a part of current affairs. Basically he needs to watch the old cartoon of "How a bill becomes a law" because he doesn't have a clue. Sessions would recover his seniority in the Senate and be able to help the citizen of Alabama. Tuberville would not be much help at all.

    If you are talking about Sessions actions regarding the Mueller probe, he was acting in accord with the law. There was noting else he could do.
    Nuff' said!
    Stan b & Elvis

    So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

  8. #6
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    15,440

    Default

    Is the winner of the primary between Tuberville and Sessions a sure in lock to unseat the current Senator (Jones ?)
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    4,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Is the winner of the primary between Tuberville and Sessions a sure in lock to unseat the current Senator (Jones ?)
    Probably. It's impossible to say for certain because things like the winner dying etc can't be factored in. Assuming the earth doesn't implode or something like that, I'd say "yes". Jones won because the Republicans fell for Roy Moore. Some of us felt that Moore was a total jerk and just didn't participate in the election. Then, the dirt that was found or manufactured sealed the matter. Some of that is in play now in reverse. The Republicans aren't going to let the Democrats win so they are following the football craziness of the state. Think about it. The state is essentially for the Crimson Tide yet they will elect the coach that defeated their school what, 6 times. However, Tuberville has an atrocious record of losing game he should have won including a loss to Vanderbilt, first time in 5 decades. Chances are, the Sessions camp is bemoaning the fact that he didn't go to Alabama as an undergrad. If he'd been the ball boy of the team he'd have it locked.

    I find that those folks who favor Tuberville over Sessions know very little about Sessions accomplishments or are lured by Tuberville's football career or both. But, the election shouldn't be about football and it seems to be.
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog

  10. #8
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    15,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Probably. It's impossible to say for certain because things like the winner dying etc can't be factored in. Assuming the earth doesn't implode or something like that, I'd say "yes". Jones won because the Republicans fell for Roy Moore. Some of us felt that Moore was a total jerk and just didn't participate in the election. Then, the dirt that was found or manufactured sealed the matter. Some of that is in play now in reverse. The Republicans aren't going to let the Democrats win so they are following the football craziness of the state. Think about it. The state is essentially for the Crimson Tide yet they will elect the coach that defeated their school what, 6 times. However, Tuberville has an atrocious record of losing game he should have won including a loss to Vanderbilt, first time in 5 decades. Chances are, the Sessions camp is bemoaning the fact that he didn't go to Alabama as an undergrad. If he'd been the ball boy of the team he'd have it locked.

    I find that those folks who favor Tuberville over Sessions know very little about Sessions accomplishments or are lured by Tuberville's football career or both. But, the election shouldn't be about football and it seems to be.
    I do see the irony of the state pulling for a former Auburn coach, I just dont want to see the state fall into a D in the Senate
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  11. #9
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,882

    Default

    The black vote will not turn out against Tuberville(and in support of Biden) as it did against Roy Moore.

    If support for Trump turns out to vote as it did in 2016, and i believe it will be higher, then Jones will lose.

    But then again, amazingly, democrats used the same exact online/social media "advertising" techniques to support Jones in our special election that the "Russians used to support Trump" in 2016.

    Is Roy Moore in jail yet? Where did all his abused, young, female victims get off too?(no pun intended)
    john mccallie

    cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    4,314

    Default

    Frankly, I think they will roll Roy Moore in to vote in a casket in a few years. He's the proverbial bad penny.
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •