The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Memorial Day

Default Memorial Day

"All gave some,
    some gave ALL!"

Take this day and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice!

Today is for remembering them.

american-flag-with-veteran-memorial-day.jpg
    Last edited by road kill; 05-25-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I pay tribute to all my Dad's comrades that never made it home from either WWII in the Philippines or the Korean War, without them I cease to exist. My Dad was awarded the Silver Star w/gallantry but he knew that others died while he got the credit and the glory for a well executed mission.

I will always think of my cousin , Captain Ely Arzaga Jr USAF who was KIA 11/25/70 somewhere over the skies between Cambodia/Vietnam, he was the navigator and he and his pilot never made it home from a mission the govt refused to acknowledge for whatever reasons. I just remember as a kid being in awe of seeing his wings and the time he had his flight helmet in his bag which he let me wear. I remember because it had the State of Texas flag on one side and a small orange Longhorn logo on the top of the visor. he and his pilot were the real Top Gun's before there was such a thing

To all who served I say Thank You, even though that doesnt seem to be enough..To those that never made it home I salute you and honor you on this day and just about every day of my life
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Apparently, even Memorial Day is politically divided on this forum. How very sad.

I'm sure that those who gave all would be saddened, as well. -Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 05-25-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

God bless those who have served and sacrificed. Let it not be in vain. Thanks to all of you here that have donned the uniform in service to our great nation, as well!
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I pay tribute to all my Dad's comrades that never made it home from either WWII in the Philippines or the Korean War, without them I cease to exist. My Dad was awarded the Silver Star w/gallantry but he knew that others died while he got the credit and the glory for a well executed mission.

I will always think of my cousin , Captain Ely Arzaga Jr USAF who was KIA 11/25/70 somewhere over the skies between Cambodia/Vietnam, he was the navigator and he and his pilot never made it home from a mission the govt refused to acknowledge for whatever reasons. I just remember as a kid being in awe of seeing his wings and the time he had his flight helmet in his bag which he let me wear. I remember because it had the State of Texas flag on one side and a small orange Longhorn logo on the top of the visor. he and his pilot were the real Top Gun's before there was such a thing

To all who served I say Thank You, even though that doesnt seem to be enough..To those that never made it home I salute you and honor you on this day and just about every day of my life
    Wonderful post Bon. I suspect that your father only wants you to to protect those freedoms we so enjoy.

I am thankful to all that sacrificed so much for us all! Thanks to all our vetrans and their families.
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Memorial Day 2020 occurs on Monday, May 25.

Veterans Day is distinct from Memorial Day, a U.S. public holiday in May. Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans, while Memorial Day honors those who had died while in military service.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold