RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

A nice article about Mary Howley

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Waterdog611 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Nice article. I only spoke with Mary few times, but it was an education! In 1992 I bred my first litter, my Supertanker daughter to Harley at her Madison house. She, my wife and I went to dinner after. She was so impressive then with the detail she remembered about dogs that were already then long gone. I also liked how plain spoken and matter-of-fact she was.

#3 ·
I have been fortunate enough to no Mary for over 25 years, last year at a fall trial some new spectators stopped at my truck to ask about puppies I pointed to a nice gray haired lady in gallery and said go talk to her she nows more about labradors then anyone around here of course Mary talked to them with her great knowledge and wonderful sense of humor

#5 ·
I met Mary Howley one time. It was in the field of the Montgomery Field Trial Club Amateur. This was when they used the Cleveland farm. I was just standing and watching in awe of field trial dogs. Somehow a group of folks gathered and Mary was among them. A person said, "Hello Eric" and Mary turned and I found myself being introduced to her . . . not the other way around. She knew a fair bit about me and more about Tollers. While it was a very enjoyable conversation what really struck me was how open and personable she was. Later she was walking by my truck while I was watering the dogs. She said she had been looking for me and wanted to know more about Tollers and the breed history. She's a class act!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.