We get a vaccine faster with higher rates of infection. - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We get a vaccine faster with higher rates of infection.

Just about every states health department puts out those numbers to the public. Here is Wisconsin's to poke around on. https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I found this to be interesting 1daysooner.org in regards to what they call a challenge trial.

www.1daysooner.org Attempt at making a hyper link

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

The boy believes in Glen Beck, bless his heart!

One of the biggest phonies in media today. He was too phony for even Fox News and that says a lot.

Just more proof that the Trump cult is anti-science.
    Corrupt regimes like Trump's donít fight crime, they legalize it. They donít chase the crooks, they hire them. They donít stop lying, they tell you the truth is whatever they say it is. Honor used to mean something, as did truth and integrity. In the Trump culture, those character traits mean nothing. It is sad to see what is becoming of our country.
    Conservative Icon George Will: A ďGangster RegimeĒ Now Runs Our Country

My points on this thread are apolitical. It is all about the science and reality divorced from politics. Your view says more about yourself.

Looks like this Moderna drug could be it. I'm a trader, and am part of a closed group of traders who get deep in the weeds on certain stocks. A few who are dedicated biotech investors. Look at the chart on MRNA, the chart is talking. Read the release from Moderna...100% of patients showed significant anti-bodies at all 3 doses, and negligible side-effects. Look at AZN, it is talking. Their vaccine data out Monday. Nothing certain and that is certainly not a recommendation on the securities. Somebody somewhere always knows something, always. And it often shows up on the tape, where the big boys play.
    Last edited by Mike W.; 07-18-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W. View Post
    Looks like this Moderna drug could be it. I'm a trader, and am part of a closed group of traders who get deep in the weeds on certain stocks. A few who are dedicated biotech investors. Look at the chart on MRNA, the chart is talking. Read the release from Moderna...100% of patients showed significant anti-bodies at all 3 doses, and negligible side-effects. Look at AZN, it is talking. Their vaccine data out Monday. Nothing certain and that is certainly not a recommendation on the securities. Somebody somewhere always knows something, always. And it often shows up on the tape, where the big boys play.
    I can respect that. I watch the ticker a lot. 45 of 45 is hard to refute.

They need more than 1 vaccine. I get a reaction to statins, a very popular
    prescription @ the doctor's office. Doing without is better than doing with.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

[QUOTE=swampcollielover;2216546]Jacob,
    I agree with your comment. Below is a link for the USA death rates that clearly shows a declining trend (Sorry I could not copy the graph). When looking at "Cumulative Rates/ 100,000 population" what you are looking at is a cumulative total, that will trend up regardless...death rates, of course will lag behind, other data, but in the end tell the clearest story! Some of the lowering death rates is no doubt tied to better overall medical treatment of people with the virus, but that is not the only way this number improves...like all flu viruses it has run its course. Unfortunately, it or something like it will return next season...with or without a 'vaccine'!

Reported coronavirus deaths, per day, in the U.S.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-2020-n1177936

March 4April 28June 22
    [/QUO

Living in Texas, and next to the county with one of the fastest rate increases in the state (maybe in the country) I, sadly, have to disagree with that particular statement.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Whatís the death rate doing?? Big crap. Numbers go up because we nonsensically withdrew society into the dark ages for a boogie man that isnít much more than that. Go ahead and put your mask on before retorting. Iím certain itís going to help.
    Jacob,
    Having the generally jaundiced view of my fellow man that I have, I am not generally interested in whether folks who aren't in my immediate circle live or die. I don't want people to be wearing masks to protect themselves, I want them to wear them to protect me and mine. As it is highly unlikely to affect me whether you wear a mask or not, do what you want.

HPL

PS: My younger brother is the North American safety director for of a multinational chemical company with nearly 40yrs experience in the safety field. We discuss the pandemic on a regular basis. A few nights ago we were talking about how industry approaches safety. He was telling me about "layers" of safety which in combination achieve the end goal. When comes to the Corona Virus they consider face masks an important one of those layers.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

From Oxford Jenner ......

The team behind the Oxford Covid-19 vaccine hope to begin tests on volunteers who will be intentionally exposed to the virus in a “challenge trial”, a move seen as controversial
    since there is no proven cure for the illness.Although challenge trials, in which healthy volunteers are given a pathogen, are routine in vaccine development, taking the approach for Covid-19, where there is no failsafe treatment if a volunteer becomes severely ill, has been questioned.

In human challenge trials volunteers are intentionally exposed in a controlled laboratory setting, meaning the trial can be completed in weeks and requires far fewer people.

The Oxford vaccine has already been tested in a phase-one trial involving about 1,000 British volunteers, with full details due to be published in the Lancet on Monday. Tens of thousands of people are also being recruited in the UK, Brazil, South Africa and the US for a further stage of testing, known as phase three.

A senior team member has said that preparations have begun for the human challenge trial to run in parallel with phase three, which would require only tens of volunteers to test the efficacy of the vaccine......

Last edited by Colonel Blimp; 07-18-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Thank you, very kind, Mine's a pint.