truck box questions
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: truck box questions

Default truck box questions

I posted on here that I am looking for a good 2 hole box the other day. I am still looking. What are some things that the box must have and some things that it doesn't need to have. I am a beginner if that would matter at all, and this box must fit with a truck tool box already installed. I don't know if I need one with storage or not considering my tool box on the truck. I live in Alabama, so heat may be a concern with the box and maybe I should get one with good venelation? If you can't tell I have no idea what I need or even what you can or can't get with one. One thing I don't want in the box is one that weighs a ton and can't be removed/installed by one person, or one that sticks up very far over the bed rails if at all possible. My truck is an 05 f-150. The holes will need to be able to hold a big dog, the older pup is about 23-24 inches tall and long so the holes will have to be able to fit him comfortably. I would like the pups to be able to stand up in there if possible also. Are all boxes able to be secured in the bed of the truck with some form of tie down strap? If not, how do you secure the box to the bed? I've asked a million questions so I will stop now, thanks to anyone that takes the time to actually read my novel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Get one from Northstar plastics. If you get one you will never go back to anything else. I can promise you that. They are light, cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and a lifetime warranty. I think they are having an end of year sale if you are interested in one right away, but im not sure on that. 507-442-3771 give them a call

It helps if your side vents are elevated above the truck bed for best ventilation. Buying or building a platform/drawers works best.
    Tom Dorroh
    Boston, GA

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I have to look at a box to decide what I like and dislike about it. There are a lot of hunt tests and field trials at the cattle ranch this spring and Central Alabama HRC will have its test in West Green. Come to one and look at lots of boxes. Most people will be willing to discuss pro's and con's of their box. You wil see lots of different styles and brands and can decide for yourself.

Mark Land
    Who will likely be marshalling a stake at Central Alabama