Gun X pistol
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun X pistol

Default Gun X pistol

Has anybody recieved there pistol from Dogs Afield lately? Mines been on order since March 14. Thanks Allen

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

2nd that been waiting on one i ordered since March 13th. Any news??????

I ordered mine April 1 ... if you guys haven't received yours I have a long time to wait ....
    Larry Thompson
    StoneFly Retrievers
    http://www.stoneflyretrievers.com
    StoneFlys Mahogany Dun MH, WCX (11/26/2005-10/7/2017) RIP
    HRCH StoneFlys Blue Quill MH
    Stoneflys Ruby River SH ***
    Stoneflys Madison River

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Email Dogs AField and ask them. I emailed regarding my order that I think was placed on March 28th asking about the pistol. I got an email back the next day that said they were still waiting on them and that the orders were being filled as they were placed. I was told they estimated 2-3 weeks- this was about a week ago. Looks like manufacturer is having a hard time keeping up with demand. When I ordered mine I didn't even know it was on back order until after about ten days i emailed to see if it had been sent because i didn't have it yet. Probably would be wise for Dogs AField to give folks an update on this back order and estimated fill dates. People will be understanding if they know what to expect.

Gene

Folks I talked with Martin at GunX yesterday at length. GunX has had some supplier issues related to volume, which are directly related to demand beyond original estimates. This means simply that demand has exceeded the manufacturing rate at this point. Remember this pistol was introduced in March and has overnight become the standard. With demand beyond planning estimates coupled with temporary supplier issues related to ramping up production to a level to meet demand, a backlog has developed. We currently have approximately 150 pistols on open orders from customers which will be filled in the same order they were received. GunX shipped us 23 pistols yesterday against the approximate 200 pistols we have on order. We expect to get another 75-125 pistols during the month of May. That total will come close to satisfying our current open orders. To my knowledge there are no available pistols anywhere. If there were we would buy them rather than have open orders we could not fill. We apologize for the delay but we also know this pistol is worth the wait. It will be a reliable training aid for years to come.

We ask you to remain patient as we are having to be patient ourselves. We assure you that you will get your pistol as soon as we receive them from GunX. All we can do is sell you the best pistol on the market at the best price available at the earliest possible date that the pistols are available to us. Had we known the lead time issues when you ordered we would have communicated an accurate delivery date at the time. We are currently unable to provide an exact date but we estimate deliveries will range from 4-7 wks after receipt of order for most of the remaining open orders. Once our backlog is satisfied we expect GunX will be able to supply pistols 5-7 wks ARO. Because I do not have specific order information available to me, if you need a more specific estimate on when your pistol will be delivered, please contact Tammy at Dogs Afield. But remember, without available stock we can only estimate delivery based upon information we receive from GunX.

Thanks for your support.
    Last edited by Granddaddy; 04-27-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    David Didier, GA

Can anyone tell me which is louder;

A 22 blank or

A 209 primer?

Quote Originally Posted by DKR View Post

A 22 blank or

A 209 primer?
    All things equal, a 22 long rifle blank is louder than a 22 short blank. A 22 short blank should be slightly louder than a 209 primer. A 209 primer is usually louder than a 22 crimp. But these estimates depend upon the pistol designs. The GunX pistol design maximizes the sound from a 209 primer. IMO, when using a GunX pistol, the 209 primer is very close to the sound level from a NEF 22 training pistol which uses 22 shorts.
    David Didier, GA

I don't think there is an appreciable difference from say 100 yards and more. I'd say both are loud enough. In my opinion the primer goes "boom" and there is more of a "crack" to the .22. I prefer shooting the primer as the .22 bothers me more. Both being shot from a pistol that has a shortened cylinder and a "blank" solid barrel that puts the sound of the shot "out there"
    at the end of the pistol. Meaning no hollow barrel directing the sound. I think you would find a .209 perfect for dog training. Years ago the .209 pistol was developed as a cost savings as primers were about half the cost of a .22. It's not quite half now, but depending on primers it's still close. The last primers I bought were $28.00 a thousand, .22 blanks at Lowes are around $5 a hundred, or $50 a thousand.

If the wind is going away from the line hard enough and far away you can't hear a shotgun blank sometimes. If the wind isn't terrible the 209's are fine.

When GunX started talking about making pistols, he had submitted a .22 version to BATF. I would think that is still in the works, if you're a fan of .22s ask him. Many prefer to have .22s for Bumper Boys and other "noise makers" on wingers.
    John Lash
    Last edited by John Lash; 04-27-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DKR View Post

A 22 blank or

A 209 primer?
    The 209 is louder.

But that's because there isn't a 22 in the Gun X
    Chris~

I ordered mine from GunX on the 21st and it came yesterday. I think I must have gotten one of the last ones as they are now listed as out of stock on the web site.

Ed