How Does The SRS Rank As Far As
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does The SRS Rank As Far As

Default How Does The SRS Rank As Far As

the title rankings go? I notice the ranking of the NFC NAFC FC AFC etc. on the board recently & was wondering how the SRS testing would rank among these.

I know they do not give you a FC at front or MH at the end, but does being the SRS Crown Champ mean anything other than CASH?

They seem to be putting some tuff test on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Would definitely mean something to me.

I think the SRS is showing you who the most versatile dogs are with the way they mix up their series between field trial and hunt test setups. Not to mention all the different things they do with remote sends and things of that nature.
    HRCH Brady's BlackGold Benelli "Nelli"

Blackgold's Lewd Lady "Kate"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosier View Post
    Would definitely mean something to me.

I think the SRS is showing you who the most versatile dogs are with the way they mix up their series between field trial and hunt test setups. Not to mention all the different things they do with remote sends and things of that nature.
    Yeah, I have been to a few & it is exactly what you are saying. I like it. Not to mention the advertisement the Pro's get by winning it. They got to love that. The upcoming trainers can become big quick just thanks to TV.
    Looking at it from a business view, you would think it would just get bigger. The dog view I like it too. I would like to try it. If I can get my dog there. It would take years to get a dog ready for that kind of testing.
    Would like to know I had the dog that finished those test as a Crown Champ

I do understand too that a NFC is a

(NFC)

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Oh, and did I mention they pay CASH

It's a made for TV infomercial, no more or less. And, SRS is not a title even remotely close to NFC.
    "Do more than is required of you"
    General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    It's a made for TV infomercial, no more or less. And, SRS is not a title even remotely close to NFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    As with most things it will soon pass to only be a memory or go bankrupt.................or both...............!

Two more of those "my game is the only game" guys huh? Real intelligent.

BTW, R Little, who said that a SRS title was comparable to a NFC? I musta missed that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosier View Post
    BTW, R Little, who said that a SRS title was comparable to a NFC? I musta missed that.....
    I notice the ranking of the NFC NAFC FC AFC etc. on the board recently & was wondering how the SRS testing would rank among these.
    Someone wanted to know how they compared. R Little gave his opinion which is about the same as mine.

Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Not arguing, just stating my opinion. Which obviously hit a little too close to home for a couple of you.

Isn't Srs And Bdc Kinda Like Nascar, Sponsor Driven? But Who Cares? It's Huntin' Dogs On Tv! I Would Like To Know If Srs Caved To Public Opinion And Use The Avery Atb And Dokkens Before That Over "real" Birds Or If That Too Is Sponsor Driven? I Only Say That Because If It Isn't Because Of Sponsors, I'm Surprised That The Other Field Trial And Hunt Test Clubs Haven't Been Leaned On By The Animal Rights Yahoos Since The Tv Trials Do.
    PROUD OWNER OF "THE BIG YELLA BEAST FROM THE NORTHEAST" - RIDGEVIEW'S TRUE GRIT A.K.A. "DUKE"

From what I've seen, a lot of the marks are kinda chicken S***. I have seen a couple meaty marks, but nothing compared to what it takes to become an FC AFC NFC NAFC. I still find it to be a pretty cool game. I can't say that it has any credibility to me in a pedigree, but I've never ran one nor watched one. Having run trials, and hunt tests I can specifically enjoy and value the significance each has. From the looks its all the way from a Started retriever mark if not less up to some qualifying marks. I havenn't see a solid AA test on tv though.
    Rainbow's November Rain MH***
    Freeridin' Whiskey River Don't Run Dry***