The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: How Does The SRS Rank As Far As

Quote Originally Posted by SNardi View Post
    Nate,

Please explain the "questionable manner or manor" comment, I don't quite understand. Do you know me?

Lets see know. We have run 3 clubs events to date and one in another 2 weeks at Mr. Ed's and then our first Classic is in Huntsville, AL. Our second Classic will be at the DU Duck Jam in Texas in April and then an untelevised Classic in Enid, OK. I think I have 2 more SRS club events in March and April too, I am waiting for the paper work and the SRS Committee approval of them. Then the Crown Championship in May. We really can't fit any other in. We have down time during the hunting season and SRS makes sure that we do not run an event on top of any major dog events, Example - National AM, National Open, Master National or the HRC Grand.

And one more thing. The entry fees DOES NOT feed into the SRS event. It is totally separate, not sure how many times I have to say that..... It comes into an account and pays out to the competitors. SO even if TV goes away, The event could actually continue to run, if the players want it to.

Kill is a strong word ......
    Sorry to upset you. I said questionable, not wrong or improper. The question comes due to the fact that most prominate face of the organization, J. Tackett, was on the same "Team" as the Pros that win 75% of all placement. Then one of your largest sponsers Avery also sponsers that team. Sorry but that at least merits some "questions". Also, your failure to attract a good number of pros outside team water dog also creates questions about the validity of the title. I am not saying that anything improper ever happened, all I am saying is that these things detract from the perception of the organization which is what I thought this tread was about.

Sorry but I think your are wrong about the TV and the Crown. I cannot see the SRS lasting without thembut that is just my opinon. Again though, I LOVE the format and hope it lasts. I think the move to the Club format is great. If you have some events next year near me I will have a dog ready and would likely enter.
    Last edited by Nate_C; 10-14-2010 at 03:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

oh and Ken G... I do love ya, but it's not the picture kinda love... sorry

Shannon
    Dammit.

Got a pic anyway.

Last edited by Ken Guthrie; 10-14-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    These are field trials and the people involved largely don't understand a normal day much less a "normal days hunt".

Is the horse dead yet?

k g
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: [email protected].

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Melanie Foster

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    are you competing? i thought it was just for dogs....

jk! jk! jk!
    Ooh, living dangerously, are we?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Foster View Post
    Ooh, living dangerously, are we?
    ....moi?????.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Malarky View Post
    the title rankings go? I notice the ranking of the NFC NAFC FC AFC etc. on the board recently & was wondering how the SRS testing would rank among these.

I know they do not give you a FC at front or MH at the end, but does being the SRS Crown Champ mean anything other than CASH?

They seem to be putting some tuff test on.
    They have put on some tough tests. No doubt.

Many have mentioned that because there is $ involved in the SRS that the best dogs would naturally gravitate towards this event. And others have mentioned payouts like $5000.00. I'm not here to promote or discredit any game. However the nieve need to be educated... I don't know of a single SRS champs that has sold for anything even close to $300,000+ like several FT dogs.

There are many that have run more FT and SRS events than I. So I am not an authority on either.

What I do know is that if anyone is competing in any dog venue to get rich he is a FOOL! That is all I have to say about that!

It doesn't matter if your dog is better than mine if you didn't show up. I hear enough about paper champions everytime I turn on ESPN and watch College Gameday. Line 'em up and lets see where the chips fall! BTW there are every bit as many people running HT's that have "O" exposure to FT as FT folks who have "0" exposure to HT. And I'm still not sure who is more full of themselves. And this thread hasn't done much to clearify things for me.

BTW I don't think Ninja has to appologize for taking the weekend off in GI either. Sad when we say bad things about someone's pride and joy. I have not met a nicer guy that Armond (well except for Mike and the best Golden I've ever seen) in any venue. Who knows if he would have cryed as loud as others he might have won!
    Last edited by Jason Brion; 10-14-2010 at 08:29 PM.
    Jason Brion
    www.jlbretrievers.com

HRCH Brion's Zoey MH QAA
    HR Ruff River's Black Magic Marker MH QAA
    HRCH JLB Rough's Roman Goddess MH QAA
    HR JLB Steady As A Rock MH

Hummm now I remember why I hang out over on the WaterDog forum instead of RTF. Lots of knowledgeable and good folks here but the inability of people to be cival to others is out of control.

When you too grow tired of it please do join in on the fun over on WaterDog where everyone understands that we all grow stronger and better if we all work to get along and help each other.

God Bless,

Russ
    Last edited by Russellm454; 10-14-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    Get Em'

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Russellm454 View Post
    Hummm now I remember why I hang out over on the WaterDog forum instead of RTF. Lots of knowledgeable and good folks here but the inability of people to be cival to others is out of control.

When you too grow tired of it please do join in on the fun over on WaterDog where everyone understands that we all grow stronger and better if we all work to get along and help each other.

God Bless,

Russ
    Dang Russ, don't be inviting folks over there
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    HR Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

Rick,
    You know, your right it really doesn't matter. I dont really owe anyone an explanation. I just like to clean up the rumor mill sometimes. Figured its better hearing it from the horses mouth so to speak. Funny I know I would love each and every one of these folks here on the street or at a dog trial... I think SRS is the same as my girl Gia.... When someone talks bad about your dog you get alittle hurt inside. We all do and SRS is my baby... I dont really have to protect her just want everyone to know the truth about her. Nothing more nothing less.

Ill be back some but I do hope I will get the chance to meet ya'll someday...

oh and Ken G... I do love ya, but it's not the picture kinda love... sorry

Shannon
    Shannon,

You definitely have every right to come on here and defend your "baby", and I'm glad you did. It's great to hear from the source rather than what could likely just be here-say from others.

Enjoy, and let us know if you make it out to the North West.

Rick
    Rick Curtis ~ Currently in Ontario, CA by way of Spokane, WA and Northern CA.

Little Man Caught It On The River SH ~ "Ace"

Handlers Handle, Dogs Dog, Judges Judge

"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr

As a parent and I know most of you are, we all have children and raise them to be the best they can be and want them to be as successful as the can be. We put them thru school and send them off to collage to be doctors, lawyers, etc. As they go thru the training that it takes to have that "Dr." in front of their name gets harder they figure out that they cannot make it so they drop back and use the training they have and end up being a PA or maybe a RN. There is nothing wrong with that. There is a place in this world for all.

I think the dog world is the same. A puppy ends up in the hands of a FT person and their plans is for that puppy to go thru the training and become a NFC. As the training gets harder the owner decides this pup just can't do the work it takes to be a FC AFC or both. Well there goes the chance for that dog to have that FC AFC title in front of their name. But, he or she ends up in the hands of a successful hunt test trainer and ends up being an excellent hunt test dog with maybe GRHRCH or MH titles. That's all good too!!!

Im not a FT'er or HT'er. I have seen hunt test and run in them. I have never seen a FT dog perform at a trial but I would love to because I like to see them all run. They all are amazing.

To sum it up, I would say that every pup out there had no choice as to who they ended up with (FT HT Duck Hunter or just a pet family). They go with who purchased them. If I bought a pup out of a litter of 10 puppies and a FT'er got one out of the same litter and in 5 or 6 years that dog had an NFC title and mine was just a duck dog, which one is the best dog??? What if he had got the pup I got and I got the one he got. Who knows? Who cares? We take what we get, raise them and love them what ever their purpose in life is.

Nothing wrong with having "Dr." in front of your name or nothing wrong with having RN after your name or being a algebra teacher and having nothing in front or after your name. All three are very educated.
    As there is nothing wrong with having a dog with FC AFC SRSC HRCH in front of their name or MH, QAA after their name or having a duck dog that has picked up thousands of ducks with no letters on either end of their name. They are all very educated and do what they do for the person that loves and feeds them!!!