Blackhawk trial winner
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Blackhawk trial winner

Default Blackhawk trial winner

Does anyone know anything about-- Castile creek kingseeds rebel yell "billy" and the owner contact info

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

you can contact Kip Kemp or Daniel Boyd at 662-308-0738 or leave a private message on this forum. Big thanks to Tyler Shepard and Pine Edge Kennels for Billys progress. We will start breeding him this fall through Doc. Lee Payne in Oxford, MS. We think Billy will be our best dog to date.

Congrats to Daniel Boyd, Jess, and Paul. An open win at 2 1/2 is pretty impressive!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    you can contact Kip Kemp or Daniel Boyd at 662-308-0738 or leave a private message on this forum. Big thanks to Tyler Shepard and Pine Edge Kennels for Billys progress. We will start breeding him this fall through Doc. Lee Payne in Oxford, MS. We think Billy will be our best dog to date.
    Didnt tim Doane his original owner do most of Billy's young dog work , thought he already had some derby placements before going to Tyler ? How long was he with Tyler for about 2 months or so ? And Kip i thought u got out of the game
    Jason

Thank you to all that have sent congratulations and for those who have inquired about Billy. I have not posted much over the years therefore cannot respond with PM's.

I purchased Billy from Tim Doane (Kingseed Kennel, Michigan) We were looking for a young dog with potential and received very good reports from those in attendance of Billy's first derby, which he won. Billy also had an HRC title that indicated to me Tim had done a good job with this Cosmo dog's steadiness. Kip and I evaluated Billy at Kip's farm for about 2 weeks and were very pleased at the work Tim had done.

I committed to placing Billy with Tyler Sheppard who was asked to continue training for more advanced concepts and to get Billy QAA. Tyler accomplished this on his summer trip north. Billy finished with approx. 13 Derby points and was QAA prior to him turning 2 yrs old.

We brought Billy home in the fall to be a dog. He hung out with the kids at my house, the other dogs at Kip's and went duck and goose hunting. During this time Kip ran him in an amat. at the Cattle Ranch which he jammed at just over two years.

In the winter/ spring of 2011 Billy was placed with Paul Sletten and Jes Bentley who have continued AA training. Paul and Jes are true professionals. Billy has improved monthly under them with tech. concepts.

Overall, Kip and I are pleased. There is still much improvement to be made, but there is promise in Billy. Billy has the Go of Cosmo but is unselfish, eager to please, and a great family member in the house.

As for Kip. He still says he is not ready for anymore trials. He still has and likely will continue to train dogs however.

I hope that answered many of everyone's questions. Feel free to call 662-832-2004.

Thanks,
    Daniel Boyd