Next top stud? - Page 10
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Next top stud?

FC CFC Sweeties easy rider “Ford” I’ve done two breedings to Ford. The pups that went to pro trainers are doing great.They made the Derby list and are Qualified all age.One of her siblings made the derby list with 27 points, went to the derby nationals and finished. I kept a pup from the last breeding and she is running open level marks. She needs work on her blinds but looks like she has what it takes for the big game. In my opinion I feel the bitch brings more to the table then the stud. If you have a great bitch, then find the stud that will enhance the bitch. With my two breedings to Ford, I got excellent marking,intense focus and he definitely brings prey drive to a whole new level. Depending on your bitch your results may vary.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2 labs View Post
    FC CFC Sweeties easy rider “Ford” I’ve done two breedings to Ford. The pups that went to pro trainers are doing great.They made the Derby list and are Qualified all age.One of her siblings made the derby list with 27 points, went to the derby nationals and finished. I kept a pup from the last breeding and she is running open level marks. She needs work on her blinds but looks like she has what it takes for the big game. In my opinion I feel the bitch brings more to the table then the stud. If you have a great bitch, then find the stud that will enhance the bitch. With my two breedings to Ford, I got excellent marking,intense focus and he definitely brings prey drive to a whole new level. Depending on your bitch your results may vary.
    I like the way you breed, always trying to improve the overall breed! I am a Golden Retriever guy, but if I ever were going to get a lab I would want a breeder just like you....Good Luck!

what reason would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Probably the same reason Ali doesn't get bred much either.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Surprised no one mention Alex Abraham's Tucker. Most of his pups are young but the two I kept out of two diff litter(same bitch) are amazing. Mine and one other out of the first litter ran a combined 13 derbies and finished 7. The female I kept from 2nd litter just turned 1 last month and running Qual type setups with the older dog and really good blinds at 1 yr old. I like them so well I'm 3 peating the breeding in a few days.

I started this thread in 2012, so Tucker wasn’t but one. He definitely is one to mention now.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This QA2
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg NDL, QA2
    This Beer Is Making Me Awesome

We certainly like the direction our Tucker pup is headed. Smart, birdy, really good marker, with TONS of GO!!!
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •'09 National Finalist FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (dam to FC-"FINN", several QAAs, 2-MNHs)

RIP My girls Jiggy, and sweet mamas Dancy and Tip. We love and miss you all!!!