Stickmen ? - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stickmen ?

I use Gunner’s Up stick men. They have units that you can use as standout guns and make a manual reload retired gun. They are very reasonably priced and easy to set up. For the cover I use old long sleeve white “T” shirts. I buy a cheap king size pillow case and sew it into the bottom of the “T” shirt. Add a short piece of 1” PVC pipe in the bottom of the pillow case for weight. This makes very tall and cheap gunner. The arms to the “T” shirt will wave in the wind for a little real action at each station. Mine are at least 10 years old and are in good shape still.
    Ken

Hope you had a great training day!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by archer66 View Post
    I copied mine from Shawn White on here....two of the posts like Chris Atkinson has pictured with a grass seed sack zip tied to them. They are nicely collapsable and the grass seed sacks are durable. If you can get seed sacks get the 40 pound size....they are nice and big.
    +1 Works great

I've got a couple that I bought from Evan Graham that work nicely, and then I have 3 others that are simply a plastic fence post with some PVC that I connect to the top so it looks like a "T". Then simply hang the white jacket onto that.
    "If you have watched a pup learning the game, I do not have to tell you what it is like, and if you have not, I probably can't."- Datus Proper

-----------------------------------------------------

TNT Sailors Lil Hurricane Addie MH ***
    WR Cedars Field Blazing Tucker SH

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Made mine from pillow cases. Hang them on the launchers. Also devised a retired gun system that i can un-retire with a simple push of a button on a remote. good to about 300 yds. Works great and a lot less expensive than buying.

Few feet of PVC, a PVC cap, the longest bolt w/ a nut you can find, a PVC "T" and you got a nice and cheap gunner... The poles also serve as nice lining poles too and if you want orange, just take that bright orange duck take to them. I did mine in 3/4" so the aren't floppy. If you want to get really fancy, put two caps back to back with the bolt thru them. Don't glue the cap on the pole and you can reverse the bolt in the pole for storage.
    Last edited by Duckquilizer; 01-29-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Kendall Layne

HRCH Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Five of these are made by using a hooded painter suit drapped on two laminated (duct taped together) electric fence posts. Using two provides the needed height. The plastic "hooks" on the posts provide holders to keep the arms from flapping too much. The "extra stick bunny" was a gift from an somwhat taunting jokester in the HRC club I belonged to. They are over nine years old.

Once in awhile I take a suit off to use while goose hunting in snow covered corn fields.

Jim Boyer KwickLabsii.com

Quote Originally Posted by archer66 View Post
    I copied mine from Shawn White on here....two of the posts like Chris Atkinson has pictured with a grass seed sack zip tied to them. They are nicely collapsable and the grass seed sacks are durable. If you can get seed sacks get the 40 pound size....they are nice and big.
    WHOA,WHOA ,hold the phones ...you are leaking highly classified information on to the internet.

I will need to confiscate your stickmen and any drawing's/plans you have of them!

I use Butch Green's stickmen. Love mine b/c they are one piece, nothing to misplace.
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    HRCH Tipsy MH

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    WHOA,WHOA ,hold the phones ...you are leaking highly classified information on to the internet.

I will need to confiscate your stickmen and any drawing's/plans you have of them!
    Please don't "unfriend" me I'm counting on you to show me how bad a job I'm doing with my pup. Will this friday work for you?

Purchased from RTF sponsor Gunners Up, and very happy. Nice and brite white, very easy to set up and store.
    Mark

Rebelstar's Two Toes Tappin' QA2 MH "Casey"
    Wild Ride Second Chance ​*** "Foxy"
    Docheno's Sweet Little Ride "Maggie"
    Seaside's Here Comes Trouble "Ryder"

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    Never Be The First To Get Old!!!!!