1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Dark colored clothing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I do not have a rule book in front of me to quote from but I am very sure that camo is NOT required but it is recommended, or something with dark tones.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
From the rulebook:

Section 15. Attire. In keeping with the aim of simulated hunting conditions and situations, handlers, Judges, workers and other test participants shall be attired in dark or customary hunting attire that adequately reflect a waterfowling or upland hunting environment.

Very few, if any wear all camo. Tan or dark shirts with jeans is what many wear.

·
Registered
968 Posts
From the rulebook:
customary hunting attire that adequately reflect a waterfowling environment.
Max4 camo bibs and a Black hoodie.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
if your luck is anything like mine, a heavy weight down coat and full rain gear over it.....

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
If you need to know proper dress code you are not ready for master hunt test. Read the rules and attend at least one master hunt test as an observer.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
if your luck is anything like mine, a heavy weight down coat and full rain gear over it.....
RIGHT :!:

This past weekend..weather guy said 30 mph windgusts and I think there actually were! It was a cold wind, put the retrievers up a notch or two though :)

You might take a camo shirt or jacket of some kind along with you to the MH test.

Sometimes a judge will require at least the top be in camo. Have seen them hang a camo shirt on the holding blind stake at line for those that do not have camo with them. It does happen now and then.

Good Luck!

Judy

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
If you need to know proper dress code you are not ready for master hunt test. Read the rules and attend at least one master hunt test as an observer.
may or may not be true Mike, always good to see what your getting into BUT... reading his past posts he titled at hrc and has also entered a field trial or two. I think, as he just went through the hrc program, he wants to know if he needs to toss his Ghillie Suit in the truck.;-)

not many fashion cops at an AKC hunt, a few, but not many:cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey mike I didn't aske your opinion on judging me or my dog. All I asked was a simple question not a smart answer. Maybe you need to recheck yourself instead

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
One judge this w/e will be wearing olive drab shorts and shirt and a big brimmed straw hat in deference to the projected 90 degree heat.

Eric

·
Registered
952 Posts
Expect the bird boys to have white hats (and not hide very well) and many handlers to have very light tan shirts. Black seems to be the color of choice though.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Don't forget Life Savers, in peppermint flavor....helps with the nerves! :)

Sue Puff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts