RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was Creek Robber, handled by his owner at the Idaho FT. Lets see, there was Carbon with both seconds at the same trial (those two, at it again). He was bred to the other Double Header Winner, Teli, handled by her owner. Anyone know how many pups in that litter? Which homes are they going to? Then there was Wizard winning both AA stakes by different handlers. That's were I figured the .5 in, of the total 2.5 Double Header Winners, this past weekend. Were there others?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,356 Posts
HiRollerLabs wrote:

I have been told that Fred Kampo handled Wizard in the Open, not Dave Smith. So it is a double-header.
Three in one weekend must be some kind 'o record!

Keith G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keith Griffith said:
Three in one weekend must be some kind 'o record!

Keith G.
That's what I was thinking since there are only 4-6 Double Header Winners each year on average!

That would make it 3.5 Double Header Winners this weekend!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
Double Header Winners

A dog only wins a double header when he is handled to the Open win by the same handler who handles him to the Amateur win. A win in the Open handled by a pro and a win in the Amateur handled by an amateur is NOT a double header, although it is quite impressive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Double Header Winners

Vicki Worthington said:
A dog only wins a double header when he is handled to the Open win by the same handler who handles him to the Amateur win. A win in the Open handled by a pro and a win in the Amateur handled by an amateur is NOT a double header, although it is quite impressive.
That's why I gave him a .5 point credit. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Does Carbon get a 2nd place double header?

Wonder how many of these he has?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gerard Rozas said:
Does Carbon get a 2nd place double header?

Wonder how many of these he has?
I think it is called a Polish DH! :roll:
I think Carbon has a bunch of double seconds and I'd be glad to have them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Mr Booty said:
Gerard Rozas said:
Does Carbon get a 2nd place double header?

Wonder how many of these he has?
I think it is called a Polish DH! :roll:
I think Carbon has a bunch of double seconds and I'd be glad to have them!
Booty,

I thought a polish DH was getting a green in the Open and Amateur the same weekend and....

Two seconds the same weekend was a Double Red-er :wink:

Henry
________
Honda Lock S.C. specifications
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fast Woody said:
Booty,

I thought a polish DH was getting a green in the Open and Amateur the same weekend and....

Two seconds the same weekend was a Double Red-er :wink:

Henry
Henry, probably so. I've never had to concern myself with what they were called. :wink:

What's it called when a dog wins a D & Q on the same weekend?
Mini-Header?

What's it called when a dog wins three Q's in a weekend? Making it the dog's 2,3, & 4 lisenced Q win? It's happened. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Mr Booty said:
Fast Woody said:
Booty,

I thought a polish DH was getting a green in the Open and Amateur the same weekend and....

Two seconds the same weekend was a Double Red-er :wink:

Henry
Henry, probably so. I've never had to concern myself with what they were called. :wink:

What's it called when a dog wins a D & Q on the same weekend?
Mini-Header?

What's it called when a dog wins three Q's in a weekend? Making it the dog's 2,3, & 4 lisenced Q win? It's happened. :wink:

when a dog wins both the derby and the Qual. I'd call it one he11 of a weekend, or maybe a "minor double header"

When a dog wins three Q's...It's PARTY time... a Hat trick?? or how about "break out the broom"
________
health store
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,657 Posts
Keith Griffith said:
There's actually been one dog that won 5 Quals.... :shock: !!!

Keith G.
Wow, the chances of that happening have to be pretty dang high. Like maybe the distance from the earth to the sun in millimeters to one.

Did the dog go on to a top notch all age career or was that his finest hour or somewhere in between?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,356 Posts
It happened in the Spring of 2000. Don't recall the dog's name, but it was a female owned/handled by a relative newcomer down in Louisiana....I believe he trained some with Mark Smith. I may have the order wrong, but she won the Q at the South Louisiana trial on the weekend, won the Q at the PRTA trial that week, and won all three Qs that next weekend in the Spillway (all the trials were in the Spillway, I believe). Entries for the triple D/Q had already closed when she won her second Q so she was eligible to run all three Qs in the "tripleheader."

Sadly, she was hit by a car and killed sometime later that year.... :(

Keith G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
I think it is called a Polish DH!
What's it called when a dog wins a D & Q on the same weekend?
Mini-Header?

What's it called when a dog wins three Q's in a weekend? Making it the dog's 2,3, & 4 lisenced Q win? It's happened.


I don't care what any of the above are called, I just want some head
















er. :wink:

AH

[/quote]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Keith,

I got a pup from that dog.

She was on Mark Smith's truck(trailer actually).

He breed her to Ford. I called Sam inquiring about a Ford pup and he fixed me up.

I believe the rest of the litter when to Smith - none turned out.

The one I had I sold and bought a box spring and Mattress - we now sleep on Couper - ie Ford's Sport Coupe.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top