RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our 2nd finished pass at the KC test at Smithville Lake this weekend. It was my 1st time at the KC test and we had a lot of fun. They really did a nice job of getting things together and organizing a good test. Hope to see everyone at the SWMO test on June 16 & 17...see entryexpress for details.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Good luck to you!!!:) Nice looking dog!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice to meet you this weekend! Congrats on your passes! Tell your brother to keep up the solid work up at the Grand!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congratulations on the pass. Thank you for the kind words about our test. And good luck with your test. I hope you get your last two passes at your test. It's always more fun to title at "home"...although you get a little more wet.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dad is proud. You'll get it done. I've been thinking that usually gets us in trouble We are you helping put on the test the 16th and 17th Will skip the smoking if you pass.......NOT BRING EXTRA CLOTHS!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dad is proud. You'll get it done. I've been thinking that usually gets us in trouble We are you helping put on the test the 16th and 17th Will skip the smoking if you pass.......NOT BRING EXTRA CLOTHS!
Were you drunk when you typed this?? You should really read over your posts (and texts) before hitting submit/send.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
He's just trying to keep the sponsor happy

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Look at that ribbon. Makes me want to go out there from GA just for that. That's another thing I like about the HRC. I want to title my dogs at the club with the best looking ribbons.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Thank you. When they get Masters Degrees they take the hillbilly ******* out of them. Sad...very sad
We call it "Gettin above your raisin" we say it jokingly, but it is sometimes real and always sad.

"Gettin' above your raisin'" is a phrase I've heard all my life. The notion is you want to change social classes. You try to change social classes, there's this feeling that you're forsaking the family, you're forsaking place, you're forgetting where you came from…and here's this real fear that if you leave, that you'll become ashamed of where you came from.
— Michael Birdwell, historian

·
Registered
431 Posts
Look at that ribbon. Makes me want to go out there from GA just for that. That's another thing I like about the HRC. I want to title my dogs at the club with the best looking ribbons.
By far the best looking ribbons will be at the Southwest Missouri Retriever Club HRC Hunt Test June 16&17. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ok here it goes

1 "dad is proud". = he has two sons who have the same love for dogs as he does and he is extrememly proud to see you and nathan advance to the points you're at.
2 "you'll get it done" = you will get those other 2 finished passes. Dad has faith in you
3 "i've been thinking and that usually gets us in trouble" when the old man thinks, it must be realized in practice before it is understood that maybe there was a better plan of attack to a situation than what he thought. Hence thinking can get him in trouble
4 "We are you helping put on the test 16 and 17 will skip the smoking if you pass......NOT BRInG EXTRA CLOTHeS"
Now this can mean one of 2 things, you pass dad will give up the cancer sticks and you better bring extra clothes for the bath he is gonna douse you with. Or he is saying he will pass on the sticks if you pass but really won't and you better bring extra clothes for the ice cold bath you're gonna get , however if you don't then you're still getting the bath

4 depends on if it was a whiskey night or just beer. You youngins still a little wet behind the ears. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wish you would explain it to me.

I'm not "above my raisn'"...I understand ******* just fine. It's when he puts random words in crazy places that throws me.
It was suppose to be soaking not smoking :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not to steal the thread...but bring a paddle of dogs to the KCHRC test next year and earn you a bunch of these ribbons. We live passing them out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts