RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CANADA’S TOP JUNIOR (Derby) DOG — Pokolodi’s GoGo Sally, JFTR

Owned and handled by Bobby Lindsay, St. Albert, Alberta

In the summer of 2004, I breed my female Hardline Cobra Jet “Shelby” to AFC Hawkeye’s Viking. I had one goal in mind - Marking.

As I watched the litter of 6 day by day, there was one pup that stood out and always caught my eye. Every time I came into the room, she would stop and watch me – give me that good eye contact (green). At 5 weeks, all the pups moved into the hotel with me and came hunting with me everyday, as I am an outfitter. Whenever I opened kennel door in the back of my Excursion, out popped green. She would jump, bounce off the bumper, hit the ground running and go visit all the hunters. She was fearless. As I would grab the other 5, lift them down, and take them all for a walk, I knew which one I was keeping.

Sally has been spending her winters with Ben Vallin and her summers with me. She has been quick to learn and does what she is taught. When she has her head in the game, she rarely hunts a mark. I’ve seen her go weeks with all 10’s. She’s got the biggest water entry I’ve ever seen. What a pleasure it is to have a under control junior dog that is a team player.

What a fun year on the line. Pokolodi’s GoGo Sally earned 41 junior points in 16 starts averaging better than 2.5 points per trial. In her last 8 starts, she earned 6 wins, 1 second, and 1 third.

I would like to thank Ben Vallin, Rick Regamble, and our training group; Graham Bowman, Bruce McDonald, Lois Akin & Jim Nichols.

· Registered
987 Posts
Bobby,
Sure something to aim for up here in the Great White North

· Registered
9,443 Posts
Congrats and she is a very nice looking dog.....

FOM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.