RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Todya my wife passed on some sad news, Lyle had called while I was competing at an event to say Big Two Hearted River passed away. February 21, 1999 - June 10, 2012.

Memory is still fresh as I persauded a buyer to look at taking her littermate instead of her because I felt she would be to much dog for him. Its ironic because I was not enough of a trainer for her. Fortunately Lyle and Debby could do what I could not.

My thoughts are with Lyle and Debby Steinman in there loss of River.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
She was one heck of a dog. She will be missed by those that watched her run.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Very sorry for all who knew and loved her. Godspeed, River.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
condolences to the steinmans, daniel and birgit. river was, and will remain a star!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am so sorry Danial and Birgit...many happy memories to sustain you.

Bill

·
Registered
54 Posts
My sincere condolences to Lyle and family on the loss of a truly great champion. River was always a top performer no matter what the venue. River and Lyle was an amazing team and River will always be remembered with nothing but the highest regards and honor.

Mike Gibson
SRSA GRHRCH Spring River's Sun Cutter MH QAA "Shay-D"

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thank you all for the many texts, emails & phone calls. River was truly one of the loves of my life her desire to please will never be matched. River loved retirement with Debby, River was deaf and commucated with Debby by sign language it was site to see them work together. River NEVER left Debby's side I mean NEVER. As we make the last drive towards home (from Maryland) with River it is the thought of leaving her (with the Vet) that is killing Debby & I. We were truly blessed that Daniel & Birgit let her share her life with my family.

Again words can not say enough of the out pouring of messages we have received.

Lyle,Debby,Katie & Amanda

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sorry guys for your loss. She was awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the hurt all to well. I also know when it lets up the good memories bring more smiles with less tears. Hope you get there soon.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Lyle and Debbie,

I am so sorry to hear about River's passing. Many thoughts and prayers to your family. She was amazing!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I know how much your family must be missing River.My condolences on your loss and may the many memories of her soon bring smiles instead of tears.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Thoughts and prayers with Lyle and Debbie!! Lyle and River were a great team!

Aaron

·
Registered
285 Posts
We are sorry to hear of your loss. River was one of the great ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts