RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info for this years Specialty is posted on the Events Forum. I'm sure we will add more info in the near future. The GRCA website is updating and completing this info. Please feel free to post any questions, comments or concerns.

John

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
We'll be there will run at the HT and in conformation. I also will have my vendor booth (K9-Design). Come and say HI!

·
Registered
317 Posts
hmmmmmm R&R in Italy or R&R in St. Louis................

·
Registered
931 Posts
I am planning to be there............only because my training group tricked me into running a Golden one day......even though I only have black dogs......now I have to help/work at the speciality................!!!!! :razz::razz::razz:

THANKS SASHA J. dam you! :D
Oh Oh. Now you need a Golden of your very own. We have goldens and black dogs and yellow dogs and red yellow dogs. We don't discriminate. :D

Arleen

·
Registered
699 Posts
Are you guys concerned about the weather? The heat could be bad. We got lucky in Atlanta last year, it could have been really hot.

Has anyone brought these concerns to the GRCA?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
we will be there in agility, obedience, conformation, and the hunt tests. My first National, very exciting!!!

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Are you guys concerned about the weather? The heat could be bad. We got lucky in Atlanta last year, it could have been really hot.

Has anyone brought these concerns to the GRCA?
Here in Montana things are usually cooling down pretty nice by September, is it still hot that time of year in Missouri?

John

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
We are going. Even the rats, they will have their poms poms on and will be cheering for Ryder to SIT!!! :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
The weather could be hot but we will be prepared with iced down wading pools and will try to have pop up shade in strategic locations. We just ask that you all be prepared too.

Come on...it's Missouri. If you don't like the weather just wait 10 minutes, it will probably change. ;-)
BTW, This GR national will be my vacation (staycation) this year. Hope to see all you golden rtfers there.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
It can be john.

But the hunt test/field trial fall season starts labor day weekend in Missouri and the last event is end of october..........we have two months for all the venues. It could be hot, mild or something else.............judges need to keep that in mind for their set ups and handlers should come prepared if they are coming to any of the events we have here in MO.
Thanks, could be a bit of adjustment for my northern Rocky dogs.

John

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, the weather can be hot in September! The AKC and GRCA mandate that the Specialty be held every year between Sept. and Oct. What might be pleasant weather inside for show dogs, might not be so wonderful in the field. We fought very hard to have this event as late in the two month window as possible. Unfortunately, we were hand-cuffed into the time slot that we have. It took a lot just to not have it begin Sept. 1.

Weather in St. Louis area tends to cool off and become much less humid shortly after the first of Sept. Remember these are some of the best grounds in the Country. More Nationals have been held at the Busch area than any other. That almost makes it worth coming just to run on these grounds!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am planning to be there............only because my training group tricked me into running a Golden one day......even though I only have black dogs......now I have to help/work at the speciality................!!!!! :razz::razz::razz:

THANKS SASHA J. dam you! :D
O come on JTS, it's not that bad plus golden looks good with you. you are in Denial stage right now. you'll be fine, there is nothing to worry about. they are good dogs. Heck i'd like to have some Jack Russell's, they can retriever better than some Black and Yellow's i know.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Gunner & I will be there. This will be a busy one. We will be at the Judges seminar for performance dogs, probably his CD, his WCX, the Qualifying & A mature. We will be looking for a small training group for field training any one interested.

Erick & Gunner

·
Registered
619 Posts
If anyone would like to volunteer to help at any of the GRCA National field events please email me at [email protected] or contact John Gassner. Let us know what you would like to do and at what test/stake you would like to work.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I can help out at the bandanna laundry and help out some with the heated towels and toe nail polish booth. Pretty sure that the frisbee waxing and squaky toy washing services are already handled.

Trying to help out in the worst way regards

Bubba

·
Registered
619 Posts
We do need someone to iron the bandannas. I'll put you in that slot, ok :razz:

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
John, can you do anything with these two?;-)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts