RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Qualifiers by Breed and Sex (as of June 5, 2012)
Female Male Total
Boyk 0 3 3
Chessie 2 8 10
Flat 5 4 9
Gold 14 27 41
Lab 210 263 474
Nova 0 1 1
Poodle 1 0 1

Total 232 306

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm a Chessie guy but I'm really interested to see how the Boykins do. They're pretty cool dogs. I've seen one of the 3 run a few times and was impressed.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
I'm a Chessie guy but I'm really interested to see how the Boykins do. They're pretty cool dogs. I've seen one of the 3 run a few times and was impressed.
Me too,,,, I love the breed and look forward to training one to the MN level. My 2 year old chessie is one of the 8 males qualified.

Angie

·
Registered
283 Posts
Me too,,,, I love the breed and look forward to training one to the MN level. My 2 year old chessie is one of the 8 males qualified.

Angie
Very cool. Congratulations on your success so far! Breaking my 7 month old Chessie out of training tomorrow for a day at the lake :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Scott, which one of the three did you get to see? I'm sure all thee will be there and all run good. My dog Chief was the first to title and qualify going 6 for 6, hope he can keep it up at the MN.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Scott, which one of the three did you get to see? I'm sure all thee will be there and all run good. My dog Chief was the first to title and qualify going 6 for 6, hope he can keep it up at the MN.
I'm pretty acquainted with Taz since he and my dog are with the same trainer. Congratulations by the way, it's a tremendous accomplishment. I wish you all well!

·
Registered
58 Posts
The three Boykins were Taz, Chief, and my dog Stoney. Up until March of this year, I had never run an AKC test. My wife and I met a lot of fine folks at the tests we ran trying to obtain our MH title and qualify for the MN. Look forward to seeing everyone at cattle ranch this Fall

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Congratulations to Taz, Chief and Stoney!!! You three should be proud!!!

Angie

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had the pleasure of running several Master tests with Stoney and his owner Butch. We ran some big boy Master tests in the SEC (southeast HT circuit ) where passes don’t come easy, Stoney runs very nice, the little guy is bad to the bone. Their dedicated too, they hit a Bambi 2 miles from the MidSouth test on Sunday morning, limped in bleeding coolant and brake fluid and got the “Q”.

I also judged Chief at North Bama, he runs very well also, I’m sure both would be a Hoot to hunt with.

BTW The dog in my avatar, Teddy, is 1 of the 4 male Flat Coats.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
i am pleased to see butch and stoney's mh title and mn qualification. i have the opportunity to train with butch, stoney and pellham(an up and coming youngster). stoney is a retriever of the highest talent and caliber. butch is an exceptional am trainer with a rare combination of dedication, discipline and competence. they are a great team!

the north alabama hrc will be holding a club training day next saturday at parches cove. butch is a leader in the nahrc club as well as a leader in the mid south boykin club. i have not confirmed that butch will be there for sure but he likely will be. if you want to see an elite team like butch and stoney run, check detail on "al ducks" website and come on out. you will be impressed(and i will be depressed when that "little brown dog" kicks my labs' a$$ once again:))

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks Matt for the complement, and yes they are a hoot to hunt with. Chief and Stoney have competed against each other, for each other and with each other their whole lives. I know when Butch and Stoney step up to the line the game is on. Chief was the 2010 BSS National Champion and Stoney followed it up the next year taking the honors. Butch has handled Chief to two HRC finished passes and two upland passes. Taz is also an exceptional retriever; we have run together many times. I'm really looking forward to the MN. I love to see the Flat Coats run along with the other breeds. Each brings a little extra to the table. Hope to see you all there.

·
Registered
748 Posts
We might have a female Boykin if bon bon dog can hold it together through 3 more passes in July.

·
Registered
968 Posts
For Chessie people Smoking Scout MH Qualified to run the master national and so did 3 of his offspring.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Qualifiers by Breed and Sex (as of June 5, 2012)
Female Male Total
Boyk 0 3 3
Chessie 2 8 10
Flat 5 4 9
Gold 14 27 41
Lab 210 263 474
Nova 0 1 1
Poodle 1 0 1

Total 232 306
Lol, I misread the title. I thought it was the national am list then I saw boykins, poodles and tollers .....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I was soooo looking forward to running in this years MN. My dog, Trouble, qualified for it a month after passing last years MN. He was 29 months old at the time. Unfortunately I had to put him to sleep this past January. I have a new pup now and our goal is to make it to the 2013 MN. to this day I call my new pup, Trouble, more than I call him by his own name. Sure do miss my Trouble dog!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Thanks Nick....Scout Jr. is home chilling a little before the MN training begins in July. Got my fingers crossed!!

Good luck. I jsut started FF a pup we kept from Scout and my Gracie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts