RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Emotional favorite Yvonne Hays and Bee, she has had a long and successful run as a competitor but mostly in Charlie’s shadow. Hopefully he is somewhere watching and barking advice.
Years ago I judged Minot & she was running Marathon Man. He won the Open on his way to a DH.
She thanked my co-judge who wanted to place another dog for the win. :):)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats to the winner. How about the blog guy do an interview with the winner. Feel like we watched the blog for a week, now we got a conclusion, let’s hear about the journey First hand. Right?

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Congratulations to the winning team of Doreen and Ptar! They looked great in both tests today!

Both tests were very challenging, to say the least. Once again the birds well placed and spread out to allow the dogs plenty of room to roam if they did not have a strong mark.

It was a very enjoyable day of watching some of the best retrievers in the country work their way through complex tests which required the dogs to think on their feet in order to come up with the birds, Once again, there were two guns on every dead bird thrown and the lighting was good all day. There were no easy marks in either test. The left hand retired marks of both tests caused the most trouble, in my opinion. But at some point, every mark produced big hunts and/or handles.

A big thank you to everyone involved in putting on this event, and especially to all the landowners who generously provided the superb grounds! -Paul

·
Registered
660 Posts
Anybody know or direct me to a link for NARC souvenirs like hats or t-shirts? Would like to support them in some way. Thanks

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Anybody know or direct me to a link for NARC souvenirs like hats or t-shirts? Would like to support them in some way. Thanks
They will update soon with leftover merchandise

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Congrats to the winner. How about the blog guy do an interview with the winner. Feel like we watched the blog for a week, now we got a conclusion, let’s hear about the journey First hand. Right?
The "blog guy" consists of 4 ladies at the event, plus one back in the office who just worked eight 14-16 hr days.
My guess is that after the last post, they went back to their rooms and collapsed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought this write-up from Pat Burn's added some substantial color to what the NARC is like for human and dog. Thank you for the insight Pat.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I thought this write-up from Pat Burn's added some substantial color to what the NARC is like for human and dog. Thank you for the insight Pat.

Wow' just WOW!!

Great stories. Very inspirational
My allergies seem to be acting up again

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
I was just re-reading this thread and realized that I did not mention the fact that the winning team picked up the birds in the 10th series differently than all the others. They picked up the right retired (hen pheasant) 2nd. Obviously, that worked out in their favor, but it required faith on the handler's part and discipline on the dog's part! All the other teams picked up both flyers before attempting the retired marks.

Another observation I should have mentioned is that most of the competitors would gladly have swapped for the work of the female test dog on that 10th series!- Paul

201 - 218 of 218 Posts