RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking forward to following along with the 2021 NRC. The weather is currently looking like it should be excellent. 94 entries (appears to be the final tally).

A lot of fantastic dogs and handlers. Good luck to all!

Link to the Blog: 2021 NRC

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
I will start
1) I know 16 Amateurs running their own dogs
2) know all the pros except 3 (all early in their careers whose paths I have not crossed)
3) lots of people working on committees
4) 26 owners of dogs being handled by a pro
5) 76 dogs that I know owner and/or handler
and I’ve been at this for 50 years, you’d think by now I would know everyone but then everyone does not know me either😉

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Familiar with some dogs, handlers and pros. Can't claim to know them. I have not looked at who is on the committees.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curious how many people on here know someone personally
1) running a dog(s) includes both amateurs and pros
2) working on a committee
3) owner of a dog qualified being run by a pro
1 - I "know" only three of the Am's running. Have met a few others but I wouldn't say I know them. I am familiar with some of the other Am names but not people that I have met or know.
2- I have met 3 people that are on a committee.
3 - Just a couple

·
Registered
129 Posts
An interesting question Doc ....
Presuming that "knowing" means more than just meeting them or judging them, I know 10 amateur handlers and 9 pros, plus 2 of the judges.
I know quite a few of the officers and committee members.
Striving to get back in the game at that level ... it ain't easy!

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
Curious how many people on here know someone personally
1) running a dog(s) includes both amateurs and pros
2) working on a committee
3) owner of a dog qualified being run by a pro
2 Out of 3 ain’t bad. (Definitely not #3)!

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I always liked Lanse's comment about friends lol

Reactions: Ed Wojciechowski

·
Registered
191 Posts
I will start
1) I know 16 Amateurs running their own dogs
2) know all the pros except 3 (all early in their careers whose paths I have not crossed)
3) lots of people working on committees
4) 26 owners of dogs being handled by a pro
5) 76 dogs that I know owner and/or handler
and I’ve been at this for 50 years, you’d think by now I would know everyone but then everyone does not know me either😉
I dont know a single person, but I have favorites that Ive seen run. They might not win, place or show, but I thoroughly enjoy reading about them and hope to see a National one day. I kinda laugh when I see the SRS quote of "Where the big dogs run" because these are the big dogs. From a wannabe standpoint, this is the World Series, NFL World Championship and the College Natty all rolled into one!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I am an assistant chief marshal. Been a week of hard work, but we’ll worth it. I will say all three of these judges have worked hard at making sure all the tests are fair to the dogs. I look forward to seeing the results of the past week’s work over each series next week. There have been many that have stepped up this week to help out, and I can’t thank them enough. There has also been several with a lot more experience than I have that have offered their help that has been much appreciated. Good week to come, guaranteed.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
53. FC Meadow Woods Whispering Willow; I have only seen her run one time. The first series quad got the best of her and ate up the field. I remember because Jake did it near perfect, then I mishandled on the LB:mad:. She is an Aunt to my Lily and will have my attention.

5. FC-AFC Drake's Bay Izzy; A very nice girl, fun to watch, have seen her run several times. Her owner, Rick Wilke, is a good competitor and retriever man as well.

33. FC Heartbeat's Sweet Georgia Peach; Peaches is a very nice dog and there is no better handler than Andy. It is a rare occasion to see Julie at a field trial without a smile on her face.

52. FC-AFC Hyflyer’s Life In The Fast Line; Crash ran a very good Nat Am and has done well since then. Randy and Mary are among the best of the best in the field trial world.

Best wishes to all.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts